Ordered Twsbi 540

Qstick333

I have a rather naive question, but I have yet to see any answer to it. How does the 540 differ from the 530. I have noticed that it has a larger ink capacity. But, is that it? I would really like to have an answer for this question before I start sniffing about for a 540.

From the ebay site:

Diamond 540 is the advanced version of Diamond 530 (reddot design award 2010), Piston Filling System Fountain Pen.

* 540 has increased ink capacity, about 30% more than 530

* 540 has improved the smoothness of cap thread turning

* 540 shows you our promise on continuous product improvement on small details

Edited by Lloyd

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USMCMom

• foxtail1

• ExcaliburZ

• Qstick333

In for a BOLD! Also figured it was a good time to stop lurking and finally post here

Hey I know that guy!

Think we could get a wet shaving subforum on here????

Hmmm... I'd read that! :thumbup:

I would too. I'm looking forward to getting one of these just trying to sort out which nib.

- Scott

First straight razors and now pens...so many choices so little time

Oh (bleep), they're charging $14.78 to ship to Canada! :wacko:

Yesterday I was looking forward to getting this pen, but now I'll have to think about it, and then think some more.

Any other Canadians tired of being ripped off on shipping charges?

Yikes, international shipping is pretty steep! I think I might wait until the Goulets get them so I can order some other things and combine shipping...

Yikes, international shipping is pretty steep! I think I might wait until the Goulets get them so I can order some other things and combine shipping...

Are they getting them in?

I have a rather naive question, but I have yet to see any answer to it. How does the 540 differ from the 530. I have noticed that it has a larger ink capacity. But, is that it? I would really like to have an answer for this question before I start sniffing about for a 540.

Have they fixed the "Posting Problem" of the 530? When you post the 530 you wind up posting on the blind cap so if you twist the cap to remove it, you accidently twist the piston knob and squirt ink out of the nib?

If they have fixed this problem I will buy one.

Please someone let me know--thanks

www.stevelightart.com

Have they fixed the "Posting Problem" of the 530? When you post the 530 you wind up posting on the blind cap so if you twist the cap to remove it, you accidently twist the piston knob and squirt ink out of the nib?

If they have fixed this problem I will buy one.

Please someone let me know--thanks

We'll know as soon as they arrive I guess...

Two B nibbed 540s were calling my name (I use them at work since they're inexpensive enough to not worry about)... so they're on their way (looking forward to seeing how much larger the Bock nibs are vs. the Schmidt items).

MB JFK BB; 100th Anniversary M; Dumas M FP/BP/MP set; Fitzgerald M FP/BP/MP set; Jules Verne BB; Bernstein F; Shaw B; Schiller M; yellow gold/pearl Bohème Pirouette Lilas (custom MB-fitted EF); gold 744-N flexy OBB; 136 flexy OB; 236 flexy OBB; silver pinstripe Le Grand B; 149 F x2; 149 M; 147 F; 146 OB; 146 M; 146 F; 145P M; 162 RB

I'll be they run out of this first round of 540's, like the did the 530's. Ya think??

I'm just curious to see which ones go the quickest.

[color="#483D8B"][i][font="Book Antiqua"]Libera me, Domine, de morte aeterna, in die illa tremenda. [/color][/font][/I]

WOW! Speedy is well named, indeed! :clap1:

Less than 2 hours after ordering my new TWSBI, I received notice that it has shipped. If anyone's looking for me, I'll be living in my mailbox.... :puddle:

Pam

speedy said: "the 540 share same outside as 530 so both of them are not recommended for posting, But Diamond mini... you can post."

So, doesn't sound like the posting problem is solved. That said, I think the pen is so big I couldn't use it posted. So, just ordered a F one. Already have an EF 530 so wanted something a little different. Probably will get an italic when they come, though 1.1 is likely too wide for me. Depends, some 1.1 write a .7-.9 line.

Just ordered one with a B nib. First thing I will do is send it to Pendleton for his "Butter Smooth Stub" magic. I'm still waiting for the ink bottle. That looks real nice.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

Oh (bleep), they're charging $14.78 to ship to Canada! :wacko:

Yesterday I was looking forward to getting this pen, but now I'll have to think about it, and then think some more.

Any other Canadians tired of being ripped off on shipping charges?

Yup, it's stupid expensive for some reason. The European vendors are a lot farther away yet aren't near as expensive. I got some mechanical pencils shipped from Korea and it cost me less than $3.00CDN! Thankfully I live close to the border and have found an agent that lets me send him parcels on my behalf, and only charges me $3.00 CDN. Pretty cheap, even with the one hour round trip drive and fuel.

Just ordered mine!!!! I hope it's great! My first pen over $50...haha...

Eat Well, Stay Fit, Die Anyways...:D

Denise

I'm relieved to hear that Goulet Pens will be carrying them. It isn't fun being ripped off just because I live in Canada!

Are they getting them in?

Yes, it's in the works! Stay tuned... :thumbup:

Well, I know where I'll order from then!