Registration on the Fountain Pen Network
Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.
Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Custom Cursive Italic Vp By Pendleton
Posted 27 July 2011 - 18:24
This is my first time buying a custom nib and I am very pleased!!!
The width is perfect. It is smooth enough for regular writing without slowing down (unlike the 1.1 Lamy nib or a crisp italic Manuscript calligraphy pen that I have).
It is almost as smooth as a round nib, it gets much better line variation, and much more shading (nice!).
Here is a quick writing sample on Clairefontaine french ruled paper:
I used Noodler's Navy ink. For comparison I also wrote with a regular round pen (a nice-writing chinese pen that I have), also with Noodler's Navy.
Notice the difference in line variation and shading between the two. Thank you Mr. Pendleton! I will definitely conciser more custom nibs in the future.
Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:49
Posted 29 July 2011 - 00:41
I usually use fine nibs, but I find that the line variation of the CI nib gives enough definition to my letters that the form is not lost with a wider nib. I guess the small cross strokes make room for the wider down strokes.
Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:48
I've been thinking over past two months in order a VP Broad Cursive Italic (1.3-1.5mm) from a good nibmeister. I guess it'll be necessary a retipping. VP Broad tip nib (from factory) is too narrow to grind it to a 1.5 CI nib. Minuskin is the man for this job!
Edited by fabrimedeiros, 30 July 2011 - 01:55.
Posted 03 August 2011 - 20:36