The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Custom Cursive Italic Vp By Pendleton

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 River

River

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 18:24

I recently received a custom CI VP ground by Pendleton.

This is my first time buying a custom nib and I am very pleased!!!

The width is perfect. It is smooth enough for regular writing without slowing down (unlike the 1.1 Lamy nib or a crisp italic Manuscript calligraphy pen that I have).

It is almost as smooth as a round nib, it gets much better line variation, and much more shading (nice!).

Here is a quick writing sample on Clairefontaine french ruled paper:

I used Noodler's Navy ink. For comparison I also wrote with a regular round pen (a nice-writing chinese pen that I have), also with Noodler's Navy.

Notice the difference in line variation and shading between the two. Thank you Mr. Pendleton! I will definitely conciser more custom nibs in the future.

Posted Image
Fountain pens ~ a stream of consciousness flowing effortless onto paper.

Sponsored Content

#2 ehemem

ehemem

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:49

Nice writing sample. What is the size of the nib? Smaller than 1.1mm?

#3 River

River

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 00:41

Yes. It is a medium VP, which Pendleton made into a Cursive Italic. I'd estimate that it is a .8mm but I'm not positive.

I usually use fine nibs, but I find that the line variation of the CI nib gives enough definition to my letters that the form is not lost with a wider nib. I guess the small cross strokes make room for the wider down strokes.
Fountain pens ~ a stream of consciousness flowing effortless onto paper.

#4 fabrimedeiros

fabrimedeiros

BROAD ITALIC/STUB ADDICTED

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:48

Wow, nice CI strokes!

I've been thinking over past two months in order a VP Broad Cursive Italic (1.3-1.5mm) from a good nibmeister. I guess it'll be necessary a retipping. VP Broad tip nib (from factory) is too narrow to grind it to a 1.5 CI nib. Minuskin is the man for this job!

Edited by fabrimedeiros, 30 July 2011 - 01:55.

#5 nightwing

nightwing

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 August 2011 - 20:36

I also had one of my nibs ground to a stub by Pendleton recently, and it is great! It's a medium Edison nib, so there isn't a lot of line variation, but it's definitely there. It's a lot of fun to write with! :)

Sponsored Content

|