• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• grasshopper

• Thesaurus Rex

• Flere-Imsaho

Mate, can't you see the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on the door? :lol:

It just arrived over a week ago, so I've been spending quality time with it since then. You know how it is... ;)

You can't always get what you want... but if you try sometimes... you just might find... you'll get what you need...

Guest Denis Richard
Mate, can't you see the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on the door? :lol:

It just arrived over a week ago, so I've been spending quality time with it since then. You know how it is... ;)

Grassy,

it can't have "just" arrived if it was "over a week ago". Now... you know that you are getting dangerously close to the review deadline, don't you ? :P

Denis.

Time has just flown by, it felt like "just" yesterday that ma wooden beauty arrived at my front door... :)9

Review deadline...? I'm sure an extension is allowed for the honeymoon period... :P

You can't always get what you want... but if you try sometimes... you just might find... you'll get what you need...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Denis,

Thanks for referring me to your excellent review.

Do you possibly have a weight for this pen?

Is the cap a snap on?

How susceptible is the finish to scratches?

How do you like it for extended writing sessions?

Is it one of your all time favorite pens?

Regards,

Jeen

Guest Denis Richard

Hi jeen,

I did not even realize you were the one posting the request on PT :blush:

I do not have the weight. It would be a light pen without the wide solid silver trim, but it does not make it heavy. Because of this, the weight distribution is different from more classically designs models. The cap is a snap on (tight), and has the particularity to snap only in one position (to align with the curves of the barrel). I have no significant scratches, only one or two very faint ones. A good thing is that the cap post in a way that can not mark the barrel.

It is very comfortable to my hand. A perfect fit for me, even for hours of writing. I said somewhere that it is my "from my cold dead fingers" pens, and it still is :D

If you know that you are picky about shape and balance, I definitely recommend to try it first. If you can easily adapt to different sizes and lengths of pens, you should be fine. Another possibility, if you have no store carrying it close to you, is to find a retailer that will let you order it and has a good return policy. I think you could easily tell, even without inking it, if it fits you or not.

Cheers !

Denis.

• 4 years later...

Is it possible To improve zhis geat creative pen?

Yes it is. The new Model Serenite grey with a titanized barrel (using PVD-Technique) and a cap with screwing mechnism for Closing instead of stick click. Impoved feeling of stability, a more comfortable process for refilling ink in contrast to the old black resin version.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I just found an unused one. In a store here in Brazil, with the large box, papers and cartridges. I fell in love with it in the moment I saw it.

The store people told me it's a very old stock item, and they are charging for the price that is stamped in a little lable, about U$1200.

It's absolutely new, the pen has a number (I just forgot it, but is 28xx). This store is a big reseller here in Brazil, they are often selling this old pens.

So i came back to home to think about it. Do you think it's a fair price?

It really depends on which version you're talking about.

Based on the price and you mentioning a "large" box, I think it's probably one of the more limited editions.

The regular editions, which is the black plastic body for version one, and the silver or blue metal body for version 2 are around $700 US give or take. The regular versions came in a pretty normal size box that's covered in blue leatherette, and the box is slightly curved. The version one limited edition that's in wood is around 1K or so, and comes in a much larger box than the regular version.

But if the store is just selling you the regular version, it's quite expensive.

The version one limited edition that's in wood is around 1K or so, and comes in a much larger box than the regular version.

It's a Wood limited Edition. Cocobolo with Silver. Did you think it's worth?

The version one limited edition that's in wood is around 1K or so, and comes in a much larger box than the regular version.

It's a Wood limited Edition. Cocobolo with Silver. Did you think it's worth?