• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Free Citizen

• KCat

• Pedro

• bunny

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Denis. Hopefully folks will sign up here and we can indeed have a "backup" - or even just yammer about the same topics in two places. :)

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Guest DRichard1

You're welcome KCat !

I hope I'm wrong but I am afraid that Avery might have turned a page on RS when he moved...

So here is our shelter... just in case...

btw, what categories/forums would you add. I made a Ink forum, as we spoke about that on RS few weeks ago.

Denis.

fresh outta ideas right now but I'll do some ruminatin'. Definitely like the ink forum and hope to get that particular forum moving soon. Have a couple of things I'd like to propose for ink samples. I'll have some thoughts later, I'm sure. some are creeping in already. Will post in the "suggestion box."

was this fun to create?

KCat

Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Guest DRichard1
fresh outta ideas right now but I'll do some ruminatin'. Definitely like the ink forum and hope to get that particular forum moving soon. Have a couple of things I'd like to propose for ink samples. I'll have some thoughts later, I'm sure. some are creeping in already. Will post in the "suggestion box."

was this fun to create?

Thanks for unleashing your brain-power KCat ;)

I would not say "fun", but it's fairly easy to do...

There are a lot of option to choose for the administrator, and many features to allow or restrict.

For the users too. For example, if you go into "My Controls / Email Settings", you can request to have the full text of the answers to a post you are watching e-mailed to you, not just the notification... I find that great !

Denis.

Guest DRichard1

You can also choose your title/rank... if you don't like the "Newbie" or the automatic ranks, you can personalize that in your profile.

I just registered. I'm sure a lot of others will too. Good to see you all here again.

Tom

Hi Denis,

This is a great site you have here. Are you into this full time? I don't know how it is that you are able to maintain this site and yet appear in multiple communities at the same time. I don't think Avery will be too concern about another competing forum. In fact, he has been gracious enough to allow our discussion about your site in his forum. BTW do you allow tags or image links here? You know how I like to post.

T-H Lim

Life is short, so make the best of it while we still have it.

Guest DRichard1

No it's not a full time occupation. It actually took me just a few hours to put up the main site, and around 30 minutes to set up the forum. All with free hosting. It does not cost a dime.

I spend a big part of my time coding and running those codes. The runs can be long, so I have some idle time, which allows me to go around the FP sites.

I put up the forum, as Avery has been absent for months now, and RS goes blank on week ends lately. This is mainly a backup for when RS is not availabe.

Denis.

Guest DRichard1
BTW do you allow tags or image links here? You know how I like to post.

Yes you can FreeCitizen !

Denis.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Great Denis, nice to have a retreat when things aren't working out in other places (in many meanings of the word :D

Kind regards, wim, the Maddest Dutchman of them all.... :)

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Thank you. Nice to see I have my lucky number. PT is grand but cna get overwhelming. Nice to have a smaller group to yell in. So, write on!

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you. Nice to see I have my lucky number. PT is grand but cna get overwhelming. Nice to have a smaller group to yell in. So, write on!

StoneBear - I am curious as to the significance of your nick.

anything to do with Bears, Cats or Birds is of interest to me. Pretty dull life, eh? :P

KCat

Hey Denis, I've been requested to introduce myself which is only proper so here you go.

I'm Becky, also known as bunny, and I love pink pens! I guess I should also add that it can be any shade of pink from the palest to mauve or magenta to outright red. I enjoy most kinds of music and a whole lot of other things too...eclectic is what I am. I'm new to collecting F/P's so while, right now, I might not be able to contribute the way I'd like, I know I'll enjoy the company and talking about fountain pens. There is other stuff in my profile I believe so I suppose you can get more info that way too. It's about 3:30am and I'd better try and get some zzzzzz's.

L8R...

Becky

Edited by FPN Admin Team

Hi, everyone!

I'm Jane, I have also come from RS. I am a user who accumulates. I can't list a favorite pen, because that varies fron day to day, sometimes hour to hour..... Overall, I like Pelikans, Montblanc, and Parker Sonnets.

Jane :)

"I never knew anyone who worked so hard to make such a mess."

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/9840/mittenshu1.png

hi folks,

in the cyberworld, i hail from pentrace. what seems to be, lately, the land of perpetual arguments. enough of that...

in the real world, i live in las vegas, nevada. the land of perpetual gambling. not me mind you, i wouldn't have any money left over for pens! i've been collecting for three years now. mostly vintage, although i do seem to have a "thing" for modern japanese pens lately. i like all sorts of stuff so long as it has a nib. flexible is even better...

if someone would be so kind as to tell me how to add an avatar to my posts, i would be most grateful.

in ink,

chris burton

Chris

Custom Bindes

if someone would be so kind as to tell me how to add an avatar to my posts, i would be most grateful.

in ink,

chris burton

Hey chris b! It's bunny from PT chat! I can't help with a lot but I think I might be able to help with this at least.

I found mine by going here

http://www.avatarity.com/

but you can also go here

http://www.avatara.org/

And pick something that will suit your personality or interests or whatever will represent you. I don't know what you know about computers so please forgive if it sounds simplistic. Find a graphic you like at either site above, save it to your computer, then if you are logged in you can click the link is at the top of the screen where "My Controls" is, then click where it has "Personal Profile" at the left, click Edit Avatar Settings....you can browse your computer for where you saved the graphic, and Wahla....you have been avatarred.

Hope that helps!

Becky