New Wax Seal Signet Ring In Rose Gold

yachtsilverswan

Absolutely spectacular, Ray!

They did a very nice job, and although the photos are great (mine are ugly), nothing beats marveling at the exquisite craftsmanship and the incredible detail of the piece in hand. I really enjoy my seals and pendant.

Simon and Kate are wonderful people to work with, too.

Congratulations!

Agree on all accounts. I couldn't be happier with my titanium signet ring.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yachtsilverswan

• kiavonne

• NeelsK

• saskia_madding

Their Desk Seals are also exquisite. I am in the process of commissioning a desk seal based on Mayan art work.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61t5mX5-iZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I think they will be the only seal engravers to do justice to it. Will post the results in a month or two.

• 1 month later...

Okay, I am now totally smitten with that gray Valhalla. I had thought the blue was my leading favourite, but I have changed my mind. Where is my lottery win when I need it???

Also, NeelsK - how is that Dexter seal coming? I've been thinking about using different Mayan art for a loooooong time and am curious how your venture went. :)

Edited by saskia_madding

Sorry I missed seeing this thread. That ring is beautiful, and something to be used and cherished. Congratulations!

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Also, NeelsK - how is that Dexter seal coming? I've been thinking about using different Mayan art for a loooooong time and am curious how your venture went. :)

I had a mail from them this week. They are about 1/2 way done with the art work. Slow going :(

A fantastic object, but the prices are sinister! The price list has me seeing sable, semy mullets Or!

:ltcapd:

Are they mullets of five points? And yes, I *do* know blazon, from being a herald and heraldic artist in the Society for Creative Anachronism....

(Also, in the words of Roger Rabbit: "Stars? I can give you stars....")

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

edit: :yikes: -- I just looked at their price list.... I'd be *terrified* of what they'd charge for my SCA armory, even if the drawings were a lot simpler than their (IMO) overly-Victorian artwork heraldry....

Note to self: Time to start learning yet *another* SCA-related artform (in my copious amount of free time.... :headsmack:

Sigh.

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

NeelsK - please keep us (ie. ME!!! :D ) posted, and if you don't mind sharing the final price, I'd love that. The Mayan artwork I'm thinking of is a replica of one that has hung in our house my entire life, and it is just as detailed and complicated as yours. I'm trying to get a gauge on how much it will cost!

ETA: Now that I take a closer look, it is actually much more detailed. I'll clearly have to cut some detail out.

http://www.nonduality.com/12742.jpg

Edited by saskia_madding

NeelsK - please keep us (ie. ME!!! :D ) posted, and if you don't mind sharing the final price, I'd love that. The Mayan artwork I'm thinking of is a replica of one that has hung in our house my entire life, and it is just as detailed and complicated as yours. I'm trying to get a gauge on how much it will cost!

ETA: Now that I take a closer look, it is actually much more detailed. I'll clearly have to cut some detail out.

http://www.nonduality.com/12742.jpg

Oh wow!! Yes, I believe there will be MUCH too much detail for a 2 inch stamp. But you can send it to them and ask them to simplify it. You might like the results. The price is uhmmmm, well ... sort of obscene for just a stamp, but ... You get what you pay for and if it comes out the way I think it will ... well then it would be worth it. Ok so how much? hhhmmm well lets say I paid 50% deposit ... and that was $320 .... could have bought a couple of new pens with that ... sigh

I think the way to look at their prices is that this is the finest quality work available in the world, and you are having something made which is dear and special to you, and will last beyond your lifetime. I know Ray feels this way about his beautiful signet ring, Kimy does about her seals, and you will with your beautiful Mayan piece. You just have to promise me to send me an original impression, and I can send of mine to you.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

I think the way to look at their prices is that this is the finest quality work available in the world, and you are having something made which is dear and special to you, and will last beyond your lifetime. I know Ray feels this way about his beautiful signet ring, Kimy does about her seals, and you will with your beautiful Mayan piece. You just have to promise me to send me an original impression, and I can send of mine to you.

+1

And of course you must do so before 21 December 2012; otherwise what's the point?

I agree about the price - buying the best you can afford means you get a piece you'll use and enjoy for all your days (or at least until 21 December 2012).

Hmmm, better ask Dexter to put a rush on your order.

While I cannot interpret the glyphs and their significance, from a design aesthetic point of view, replicating the three innermost concentric circles would make a great looking seal, and if Mayan glyphs follow the pattern of other lost writings, the information at the center of the design is the most significant.

Edited by yachtsilverswan

Ray

Atlanta, Georgia

Pilot Namiki Vanishing Point with Richard Binder ItaliFine 0.9mm/F Nib

Faber Castell's Porsche Design with Gold & Stainless Mesh in Binderized CI Broad nib

Visconti LE Divina Proporzione in Gold with Binderized CI nib

David Oscarson Valhalla in gray (Thor) with Broad Binderized CI nib

Michel Perchin LE Blue Serpent (reviewed) with Binderized CI nib

Montblanc 149 in Medium Binderized CI nib

Montblanc Pope Julius II 888 Edition (reviewed) in Bold Binderized CI nib

• 7 years later...

Holy Coincidence, Batman!
Earlier today I was jonesing on the Dexter site. Then later this evening, got the OK from my FPN application request and was surfing the site, saw this and knew I had to say something.

I've been drooling over Dexter seals for years, wanting to create a legacy seal for the family. I have a personal "spiritual coat of arms" that I created at a men's retreat about 10 years ago and have since developed (ah...stolen) a sigil that fits the current vibe I've got going.
Either of them would be fantastic seals--if crafted by Dexter. As noted here and on their site, the detail is mind boggling. I can hardly see that clearly, let alone carve on that scale (I do carve--wood), let alone metal!

I am trying hard not to be jealous of that gorgeous piece you have!

Jeff Stormer "StormR"