Bexley Has Turned The Market On Its Ear!

Richard

Can it be disassembled by the end user to lubricate the piston?

Can the nibs be unscrewed (a la Pelikan, Esterbrook, Edison, etc.) for this? Most piston operated pens need lubing sooner or later. Plus, being able to open it up aids in hygiene.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard

• watch_art

• Deirdre

• Brian C

These are sweet!

I think I know what I am going to buy at the DC Pen show!!

www.stevelightart.com

Is the yellow one a demonstrator?

Not deliberately so, no. But the yellow areas in the resin are semitransparent, so it could serve as sort of a demonstrator.

sig.jpg.2d63a57b2eed52a0310c0428310c3731.jpg

On the yellow one -- is it actually yellow and black? It's hard to tell exactly what's going on there.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

Well, I'm all for blue-green-red-purple sets, with yellow as a fifth possible color.

Blue and red are covered, and I know that if I whine enough, green and purple are possible with Howard, so....

(not that this is a possibility in present, mind you, I just keep looking at these things)

Edited by Deirdre

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

Mmmm. That Blueberry Cream looks tasty.

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter

wow! the steel nib version is really affordable! i wasn't expecting anything south of $200 for the steel nib version but the price RB is offering is quite within my budget!

PS: The summer sunset one reminds me of the parker lucky orange duofold!

Edited by xuan87

Please check out my blogshop for fountain pens and inks at http://inkoholicanonymous.blogspot.com/ Reviews of my pens can be found there too!

I like the blue one but that clip... I wonder if it could be swapped to something a bit more elegant? :hmm1:

Bexley has really done it this time.

Oh Carp! I thought I was done buying fountain pens for a few months. :crybaby:

I like the blue one but that clip... I wonder if it could be swapped to something a bit more elegant? :hmm1:

I agree, I am not a fan of this clip on this pen, it looks good on the Poseidon and Americana, but everything gets too sharp on the Corona. A Ranger or 56 style clip might look better to me.

The clip looks best on the Red model IMO though. Something about the others is not so pleasing.

With a filling system and price like the Corona's it is hard to get picky with the clip. But on the flip side, I don't think Bexley can leave a new piston fliller in just one pen body/cap style for long!

Edited by Gobblecup

Gobblecup ~

I was so excited about a piston-filler Bexley that I ordered one shortly after finding this thread. To be honest I love the looks of the summer storm model. I greatly prefer the clip to the Ranger clip which I find rather boring. To each their own I guess!

Can't help but feel this pen has the potential to be a great bargain. A nice large pen with a piston filler, american-made, for under $150? And buying from Richard means you know it will write well!

Cheers,

NM

I want the factory stub nib. Any idea when it should be back in stock?

How many turns to unscrew the cap?

More than zero and probably fewer than 50. :ltcapd:

So did Bexley make this piston mech or did they hire somebody out to make it for them? If so, who made it?

thanks.

Bexley designed and engineered the piston mechanism and is having it machined from solid brass and Delrin rod stock (no molded parts) by an American subcontractor. I've handled prototypes, I've had the thing apart, and I am convinced that this is the most robust, most reliable piston mechanism on the market today. This is not to suggest in any way that other piston mechanisms are junk. They're not. But there is good, and there is better, and there is best. This one is the best.

sig.jpg.2d63a57b2eed52a0310c0428310c3731.jpg

I've had the thing apart, and I am convinced that this is the most robust, most reliable piston mechanism on the market today. This is not to suggest in any way that other piston mechanisms are junk. They're not. But there is good, and there is better, and there is best. This one is the best.

High praise indeed given that you see a lot of pistons.

deirdre.net