The Best Mb Pen Polish & Scratch Removal Kit From Australia

draeroheli

This "MASTERBRAND" MB Pen polish kit is the best kit and it comes from Australia. I was a lucky man to receive the polish test kit from Mark. Known as "mlr8" on this forum & Here is the link to Mark " My link " The result is amazing. This polish kit will be launched shortly and it will be available from Mark.

This is my testimony.

fpn_1310586088__p1000276s.jpg

A small Deep scratch & some surface abrasions from daily use on my precious MB149 cap.

[fpn_1310586472__p1000313s.jpg

This is after the treatment and the scratch has vanished completely. Nice smooth & Shine like a brand new pen, out of the box. Amazing!!

fpn_1310587479__p1000315.jpg

Another view of this beautiful Show Room Shine MB149 pen.

fpn_1310587528__p1000304_edited-2.jpg

The kit comprises Scratch Removal Gold bottle A and the polish Diamond bottle B.

30 cotton pads, 10 cotton rods, 2 microfiber glasses/lens cleaning cloth, 1 gold/silver anti-tarnish polishing cloth for nibs,clips,rings.3 small pieces of 3M grit super fine sand paper.

fpn_1310587591__p1000305_edited-1-copy_edited-1.jpg

Close Up View of The Bottles A & B

fpn_1310587674__p1000309_edited-1.jpg

Gold/Silver Anti-tarnish polishing Cloth for Nibs, Clips & Rings.

fpn_1310588078__p1000310_edited-2.jpg

Another view of the Kit.

fpn_1310588121__p1000316.jpg

Instruction for the kit.

fpn_1310588468__p1000317.jpg

Instruction for the kit.

fpn_1310588528__p1000318.jpg

Instruction for the kit.

AMAZING POLISH KIT Called "MASTERBRAND" is FROM AUSTRALIA, THE BEST KIT I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED.

Edited by wimg

Patron of Art Marquise de Pompadour 2001 LE 0043/4810.

Donation SE John Lennon Imagine FP (M) Nib Serial No.BW195873

Donation LE Johann Sebastian Bach 2001(M) Nib. serial no. 2892/12000.

Donation SE Yehudi Menuhin No 3772 (EF)Nib

Writers Limited Edition Mark Twain 2010(M)Nib. serial no.3633/12000.

1985 Meisterstuck 149(EF) & Modern149(OB), 147 Traveler (M) Sp.Edition 1970-1995 Warner Bros Music Artist 146 (M). Mozart (F). 144 Stainless Steel Doue (M), Le Boherme Rouge(M)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mlr8

• xuan87

• pen jubky

• draeroheli

Can this be ordered? I have a Rollerbal with a small scratch like yours that needs some repairing.

Edited by pen jubky

+1 :notworthy1:

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae218/petitdauphinzele/midnightblue-1.png

aka Petitdauphinzele

What makes it specifically for Montblanc, as the label states? I have a few black resin Pelikan pens (m200) from a long time back that I would love to shine up. If it would work on them as well, I would love to have a kit!

What makes it specifically for Montblanc, as the label states? I have a few black resin Pelikan pens (m200) from a long time back that I would love to shine up. If it would work on them as well, I would love to have a kit!

Hi,

It was originally aimed to remove scratches and scuff from Montblanc pens. The formula was based on the surface hardness of Montblanc pen. All tests were done on different Montblanc resin pen. Recently some tests were done on acrylic and plastic surface, it works. A special test was done on a 149 pen stand and achieved a very good result. It has not been tested on other expensive brand pen such as Pelikan. I will talk to Charles (who has more than 50 years in selling and making pens) of The Pen Shop in Sydney on Monday to see if it works on Pelikan.

Thanks!

Edited by mlr8

Please contact masterbrandproduct@gmail.com for ordering details.

It has a special deal for all members of FPN.

Thanks!

Excellent post Htin. I have just e-mailed for details on how to order.

Mark (miri8) - is there any such kit for celluloid pens?

Pavoni.

Pavoni.

Good question. I will ask Charles on Monday to see if we can test on celluloid pens.

Will let you know as soon as I have the answer.

Thanks!

Pavoni.

Good question. I will ask Charles on Monday to see if we can test on celluloid pens.

Will let you know as soon as I have the answer.

Thanks!

Thanks Mark,

In the meantime, I've just sent off my funds for the cleaning kit, which will supposedly be here (UK) in 10 working days. Already impressed with the service. Very much looking forward to using the kit on my resin MBs.

Pavoni.

Edited by pavoni

what do you know.... i just bought a used MB 149 at a flea market at dirt cheap price and it has a few noticeable scratches on it. i was just wondering what do i have to do to get rid of them and this thread came up!

Please check out my blogshop for fountain pens and inks at http://inkoholicanonymous.blogspot.com/ Reviews of my pens can be found there too!

Also, can this polish be used on all acrylic pens? or only BLACK acrylic pens? To be honest, MB's precious resin is pretty much like all other resins so i'm just concerned about the color.

Please check out my blogshop for fountain pens and inks at http://inkoholicanonymous.blogspot.com/ Reviews of my pens can be found there too!

Also, can this polish be used on all acrylic pens? or only BLACK acrylic pens? To be honest, MB's precious resin is pretty much like all other resins so i'm just concerned about the color.

Hi xuan87,

It is very hard to find a MB 149 from flea market. Make sure the pen does not have any cracks on its barrel and cap, because polishing will not fix any cracks.

Except for the one I mentioned, I have not done any tests on other acrylic pens. But I have done some tests on Red, Green and Black colour flat surface acrylic plastic. It works and does not change the colour.

If not sure, always test on a small inconspicuous area first.

Can you show some pictures of the 149 which you bought from a flea market?

Thanks!

Mark

This "MASTERBRAND" MB Pen polish kit is the best kit and it comes from Australia. I was a lucky man to receive the polish test kit from Mark. Known as "mlr8" on this forum & Here is the link to Mark " My link " The result is amazing. This polish kit will be launched shortly and it will be available from Mark.

This is my testimony.

fpn_1310586088__p1000276s.jpg

A small Deep scratch & some surface abrasions from daily use on my precious MB149 cap.

[fpn_1310586472__p1000313s.jpg

This is after the treatment and the scratch has vanished completely. Nice smooth & Shine like a brand new pen, out of the box. Amazing!!

fpn_1310587479__p1000315.jpg

Another view of this beautiful Show Room Shine MB149 pen.

fpn_1310587528__p1000304_edited-2.jpg

The kit comprises Scratch Removal Gold bottle A and the polish Diamond bottle B.

30 cotton pads, 10 cotton rods, 2 microfiber glasses/lens cleaning cloth, 1 gold/silver anti-tarnish polishing cloth for nibs,clips,rings.3 small pieces of 3M grit super fine sand paper.

fpn_1310587591__p1000305_edited-1-copy_edited-1.jpg

Close Up View of The Bottles A & B

fpn_1310587674__p1000309_edited-1.jpg

Gold/Silver Anti-tarnish polishing Cloth for Nibs, Clips & Rings.

fpn_1310588078__p1000310_edited-2.jpg

Another view of the Kit.

fpn_1310588121__p1000316.jpg

Instruction for the kit.

fpn_1310588468__p1000317.jpg

Instruction for the kit.

fpn_1310588528__p1000318.jpg

Instruction for the kit.

AMAZING POLISH KIT Called "MASTERBRAND" is FROM AUSTRALIA, THE BEST KIT I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED.

HERE IS THE LINK TO POLISHING VINTAGE PEN. INCREDIBLE RESULT. NICE AND SHINE. THIS CAN BE USED FOR BOTH MODERN AND VINTAGE.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/199731-polishing-vintage-mb-pen/

Patron of Art Marquise de Pompadour 2001 LE 0043/4810.

Donation SE John Lennon Imagine FP (M) Nib Serial No.BW195873

Donation LE Johann Sebastian Bach 2001(M) Nib. serial no. 2892/12000.

Donation SE Yehudi Menuhin No 3772 (EF)Nib

Writers Limited Edition Mark Twain 2010(M)Nib. serial no.3633/12000.

1985 Meisterstuck 149(EF) & Modern149(OB), 147 Traveler (M) Sp.Edition 1970-1995 Warner Bros Music Artist 146 (M). Mozart (F). 144 Stainless Steel Doue (M), Le Boherme Rouge(M)

I have had the fortune to be able to test both the No Swirl & Scratch Remover and I am very impressed with both the results and ease of use. The pack contains everything you need to get your pens up to a very high standard.

I have used other makers products in the past but this new product sets the standard for me.

I have no connection to the seller other than a pleased tester of a well put together product. :thumbup:

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

G'day.

Mark was very kind to forward me one of his polisher kits.

I tried this on a MB Le Grand ballpen that I have abused for several years.

There are surface scratches everywhere of varying degrees - light to deep.

Following are the before and after photos - I've done substantial shadow enhancement on these photos.

Before:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6004/5954190002_61e0811ac8_b.jpg

After:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6150/5953632869_c475a1b262_b.jpg

Now the remaining scratch next to my finger was deep. I wasn't brave enough to use the 2000 grit sandpaper to polish that scratch out, and I have no doubt if I had sanded it the scratch will disappear mostly. Also, note that these are close up photos and under most lighting conditions I would have a very hard time spotting these remaining scratches.

In conclusion, I'm very happy with this polisher kit. :thumbup:

Best regards, Kai

Montblanc 13x, #20/25/30/40, 244/6 Green Marbled, 322 Azure Blue, 234 1/2 G/PL, 256, 220, 34.

Montblanc 144G Grey, 146G Green Striated, 146 Silver Barley, 149 (50s-00s).

Montblanc WE Christie, Imperial Dragon, Wilde, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Proust, Schiller, Verne, Mann, Twain. PoA Prince Regent, Morgan...

Visconti Pontevecchio LE, Metropolitan Gordian Knot, Ripples. Omas Paragon Royale Blue HT, Extra Lucens Black LE. Pilot Silvern. Pelikan 620 Shanghai, 800 Blue o Blue.

As the very first costumer to purchase a sample of this product I can say I am in awe of the end result. Like Kai my pen had some nasty gouges. I used the sandpaper to grind them down and subsequently polished the pen according to spesifications. The end result is stunning. With no previous experience in restoring pens i must say it was extremely easy to use. I highly recommend this product.:notworthy1:

Kai, you may sand away with confidence. Just make sure you slightly moisten the sandpaper before use. I moistened the paper with the tip of my tounge and gently went over the scratch always rubbing in the directon of the scratch. The sanded area covers a larger portion of the pen than the scratch itself leaving a large scuffed area; but by subsequently polishing the pen the scuff wil disapear like magic.

The deeper the scratch the lager the area that needs to be sanded down so to avoid unevenness of the pen surface in the end result.

Edited by pen jubky

My set is enroute to me at the moment. I'll try to post some before and after pictures of my MB 149. It has some noticeable scratches, especially on the ink window.