Pelikan 150

I just got a Pelikan 150 in the mail that I got for $30 from a person in the green board. It is a Black with the green see-through, EF Nib! All I can say is WOW! The little steel nib is so smooth. In almost 20 years and about 15k pens (no longer with me as you all know! GOD THIS STILL HURTS LIKE SALT IN A WOUND):bonk: , I have never owned a Pelikan! This pen is great! I can not even begin to imagine how the gold nibs perform and how a pen like the 600 or 800 feel! The only difficulty I have is its weight. I am a heavy handed writer and the pen feels almost weightless, none-the-less it is an enjoyable experience makes me feel like I am caressing the paper. Super smooth, creamy even!

I would have love to start with a 400 at least, but the baby has begun to nibble at my pen fund!

Regards,

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KCat

• Keith with a capital K

• Dip Head

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a Pelikan Future for $20 off the web. Shameless link here..

But my experience was the same! :bonk:

Where have these pens been all our lives!!! :lol: I got the silver colored pen with the fine nib. And just absolutely love it. I'd thought my Waterman pen had smoothed up from 12+ years of use. But the little Future has shown me a new world of smoooooth...... B)

One little detail I'm having trouble with, the cartridge converter doesn't "grab" onto the section very well. It's a tight fit, but doesn't seem to slip down over anything. I know it is supposed to, but it doesn't feel like it is. Only feels like it is bumping up against the section. I think it was perfect when new and I may have damaged something...

And if you don't hold the section and the converter at the same time while refilling it, the converter will: drop out, hit the floor, spray ink on your white socks, spray ink on your wife's kitchen tile floor and all over the front of the dishwasher! <_< Of course, your experience may be different than mine of just 30 minutes ago!!! :lol: Parker Quink cleans up real nice off a Kenmore...

Glad you like your new pen. Another Pelikan is definately in my "future"! :P (sorry - couldn't resist)

Edited by Dip Head

"It's a .... poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."

-- Andrew Jackson

Pelikans are great! The modern ones are excellent value and older ones are one of the most reliable vintage pens out there. I agree that the 150 feels very light in the hand. My personal preference is the 400 with the 200 and vintage 140 close behind. I have an 800 but I really find it too big.

As to nibs, the regular ones are very smooth (I can't tell the difference beween gold and steel) but the really neat ones, for me, are the older obliques. My 140 with an OB is a delight and quite different in feel from the modern OB in my 800. That said, my no.1 Pel nib is a Pendemonium modified BB cursive italic which lives in my 400 Honey.

I keep 14 pens in my briefcase pen case and pocket pen case. 7 are Pelikans.

Ther are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't

One little detail I'm having trouble with, the cartridge converter doesn't "grab" onto the section very well. It's a tight fit, but doesn't seem to slip down over anything. I know it is supposed to, but it doesn't feel like it is. Only feels like it is bumping up against the section. I think it was perfect when new and I may have damaged something...

Actually - this is "normal" (i.e., a design flaw) in the Future. So ya just gotta get used to it and bemoan it now and then. :P

Ya'll already know I'm a pelikan nut.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

A solution to using the Future with a convertor is not to use the Pelikan convertor as they are probably outsourced and do not fit well.

I either use a Schmidt or Parker slide convertor in these and have had nothing but good experiences with them as they fit snugly and perform well.

The 120 - 400 series series (both vintage and new) are all going to be similarly sized pens and I find the new M600 to be the ideal size for me... they still don;t have the weight of the 800 and 1000 as they still utilize plastic components in their fillers while their big brothers have brass components.

From low rent to high rent models, you should find that no matter what Pelikan you buy, the wriring experience will be excellent. This is more pronounced when you spend a little on a school grade pen to find that it writes better than many pens costing 10 times as much.

Please visit http://members.shaw.ca/feynn/

Please direct repair inquiries to capitalpen@shaw.ca

I've got a green Pelikan M200 that I think is awesome, but it came with a .9mm Binder cursive italic nib. After a good deal of experimentation, I think I have come to the realization that custom nibs just aren't for me. If anyone wants this nib, I would be happy to trade it for a factory medium M200 nib and some ink or whatever you'd like to throw in to sweeten the deal.

E-mail me and we'll work something out.

Cheers!

Rex

I just bought a Pelikan stenographer pen (not available usually in the USA market) for $25 and I must say, I love it. I am partial to Pelikans (have three, incl a M200 and a M800) and am so pleased with how nicely this fine-pointed pen writes. It's nice to enjoy a pen so much without having to take out a bank loan to buy it.

If anyone wants this nib, I would be happy to trade it for a factory medium M200 nib and some ink or whatever you'd like to throw in to sweeten the deal.

E-mail me and we'll work something out.

Cheers!

Rex

or you could sell it and get a nib from Pam for a few bucks. Binder nibs at slightly discounted prices usually get snapped up pretty quick.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

As much as I adore my Sheaffers, I have found that the Pelikans are amazing, and forgiving of much abuse. My oldest pen is a Pelikan 200, in the grey marbled pattern, with an extra-fine nib, and it works after some strange abuse (including being dropped in a glass of triple bock at one point). And yes, the nibs are amazingly smooth. I have a fine point Pelikan Future that I use at work, as the"don't want to lose it, but it won't break my heart" pen.

I'd be crushed if I lost my Pelikan Future as it was a Father's day gift from my kids some years ago... it started life as a medium nibbed pen and now sports a .45 mm x- fine stub that is as smooth as buttah.

I find it to be one of the most comfortable pens to use so when the hands ache it really ends up doing some some extra duty.

Please visit http://members.shaw.ca/feynn/

Please direct repair inquiries to capitalpen@shaw.ca

Hi Angelo,

There are a few Pels in my collection and rotation, and I must admit they are very good pens, although not as appealing to me as some of my others. But that is personal preference, I guess.

Nevertheless, there is an M800, two M200s and a Pelikan Go!, which I all use. I like the M200s especially because of their good, cheap nibs, which are great for customizing. Just got another batch of BBs in last week :lol:. Just too little time right now :lol:. And the filling system is very good too.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Well, I am going on 3 days with the little Bird, and I can not put it down! I have inked it with almost every color I have available. I can not get over how smooth the nib is! I think I am addicted to it! I have put it in my pocket and have not been able to keep my hand off it! I think I need help! :rolleyes: I may just turn into a Peliholic, but my Esties still have nothing to worry about!

Regards,