Pics Of Your Kullock Fantasy 51's!

Brian C

Please show pics of your Kullock Fantasy 51's! Especially the pearly and demonstrator colors.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rockyrod

• pajaro

• NABodie

• OcalaFlGuy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Swirly yellow ballpoint and fountain pen. Kullock steel caps. I think you can see the spring that holds the ballpoint refill in place. You should be able to make out the filler and part of the nib inside the fountain pen section.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Kullocks - popular hmm, maybe but maybe not. Nice custom 51 stuff for sure but not a lot of people know that I suppose...and he is in Argentina...and so 'popular' maybe isn't the right word?

Here is a cap that he made that adorns a nice 51 I have with a broad stub. I think he called it a harlequin but can't remember now.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5080/5911541575_63c54c6acb_b.jpg

Stephen

When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe.

John Muir

Kullocks - popular hmm, maybe but maybe not. Nice custom 51 stuff for sure but not a lot of people know that I suppose...and he is in Argentina...and so 'popular' maybe isn't the right word?

Here is a cap that he made that adorns a nice 51 I have with a broad stub. I think he called it a harlequin but can't remember now.

Stephen

This crosshatching to me looks exactly like that on the Sheaffer "Ciselle style" Sterling Imperial.

Bruce in Ocala, FL-don't have that Imperial, want that Imperial

• 1 month later...

Please show pics of your Kullock Fantasy 51's! Especially the pearly and demonstrator colors.

I went with one of Kullock's specialty caps, love it!

Rod Rumsey

Email me

Here's mine:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn130/ToasterPastryphoto/Parker_51_Kullock_Demonstraor.jpg

Someone gave me the Parker 51 Vacumatic with sterling silver cap. The pen itself was gray, and I frankly didn't like the color. So I traded in the body, and had it replaced with Kullock's clear plastic one. It's one of my favorite pens. Unfortunately, I never photographed it before it was used. In this picture it's wet after I washed it out.

Except for the inherent issue with the ink staining the plastic, and the difficulty in cleaning it, I have become a big fan of demonstrator pens. It's nice seeing exactly how much ink I still have left in the pen.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn130/ToasterPastryphoto/pop.jpg

Follow me on Twitter!

Read my silly blog!

I don't know why but I have always liked the demonstrator pens. For years I longed for one of those that Pelikan made but could not justify the cost. Kullock has made them much more affordable.

Rod Rumsey

Email me

I noticed that cap is marked as a "Parker" cap. Does it have any "Kullock" markings to indicate that it is his work and not factory original?

I don't think Kullock marks any of his work, either for himself or for Parker. If he uses an original Parker part that says Parker, it still says Parker when he is finished with it. My big question is how does one know one if a demo part is his or original. For instance I have 3 original demo aerometric's with the hood being clear. Now Kullock offers those so who can tell the difference? Did the premium on my pens just faded away.

Rod Rumsey

Email me

My big question is how does one know one if a demo part is his or original. For instance I have 3 original demo aerometric's with the hood being clear. Now Kullock offers those so who can tell the difference? Did the premium on my pens just faded away.

That is my point exactly.

Here's mine.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/1564/imag0161modified.jpg

as you can see, Kullock does sometimes sign his caps with his signature, stylized "A" and "K".

I don't think Kullock marks any of his work, either for himself or for Parker. If he uses an original Parker part that says Parker, it still says Parker when he is finished with it. My big question is how does one know one if a demo part is his or original. For instance I have 3 original demo aerometric's with the hood being clear. Now Kullock offers those so who can tell the difference? Did the premium on my pens just faded away.

Fabrica - AK -- Made by Ariel Kullock

The few Parker 51 demonstrators by Parker that I have seen appeared to have yellowed a bit. If you had enough samples to examine, you might learn to tell the difference. What about date codes in the Lucite?

I gather you don't want him to make clear demonstrators because you think they will devalue yours. I think there must be differences between originals and the AK demonstrators due to the age of the materials, the actual material used, or something like that.

Edited by pajaro

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."

The few Parker 51 demonstrators by Parker that I have seen appeared to have yellowed a bit. If you had enough samples to examine, you might learn to tell the difference. What about date codes in the Lucite?

I gather you don't want him to make clear demonstrators because you think they will devalue yours. I think there must be differences between originals and the AK demonstrators due to the age of the materials, the actual material used, or something like that.

The demo's I was talking of are the aerometric version released for the public by Parker. They are like a normal Aero 51 except the hood and collector were clear. My worry is now Kullock is making clear hoods that one can buy all by itself. So what is to stop someone from getting a clear Kullock hood and changing it out on a regular aerometric? How would you know the difference? I have 3 original aero demos like that and their value is what now? I can't prove or disprove they are not Kullock, can you?

Rod Rumsey

Email me

The demo's I was talking of are the aerometric version released for the public by Parker. They are like a normal Aero 51 except the hood and collector were clear. My worry is now Kullock is making clear hoods that one can buy all by itself. So what is to stop someone from getting a clear Kullock hood and changing it out on a regular aerometric? How would you know the difference? I have 3 original aero demos like that and their value is what now? I can't prove or disprove they are not Kullock, can you?

With a lot of collectibles there are a lot of imitations and fakes. Generally the experts in an area compare fakes or imitations, re-issues, etc., to original items and from the comparisons there emerges a body of knowledge that identifies each item. It will be up to the experts to create this body of knowledge, if they can. At this point this process is at the begining, unless some experts have already examined enough samples of pens to be able to describe differences. One thing I have noted about Ariel Kulock hoods is they seem to be more rounded at the point than Parker hoods, which are more pointed, and this difference is obvious in new hoods. So, there's a start for you. I think the aging of the clear lucite might provide another clue.

I suppose it's hard to deny someone the posession of a clear hood, if they want one, because there are not enough originals to go around. It is up to the owner to not misrepresent his new clear pen or hood as an original Parker item. If you don't trust your fellow collectors, then there is an issue. Having collected stamps and coins, I have to say that I do not blame you for being nervous about the value of your items. If I were you I might sell them now. The pen collecting community has to trust in the ability of collectors and experts to build a body of knowledge sufficient to ID original Parkers versus later independent production. Kullock isn't doing anything wrong, but there is a FUD factor here.