Another Photography Thread

jon

Some Street from Meat.

http://www.35mmview.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/skinhead-boot-boy-london-35mmview.jpg

Skinhead, Oxford street, London. 15mm Voigtlander.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penrivers

• alvarez57

• jon

• farmdogfan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More Street from Meat.

http://www.35mmview.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/mud-face-boy-kolkata-35mmview.jpg

Durga Puja Culcutta/Kolkata, West Bengal, India. Leica 35mm Summicron.

fpn_1565137363__20190729_162301-01-01.jp

Redwood National and State Park

fpn_1565137447__20190726_103349-01-01.jp

Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

PT8vFrWh.jpg

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

• 3 months later...

Just got back from a trip to San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, for the Day of the Dead. We went last year and enjoyed it so much we had to go back. It's going to take a long time to work through all the pictures I took, but here are a few early ones.

49021038462_1c75cd3049_h.jpgDeath looks back by Jon Nichols, on Flickr

49020317418_484b9a04e4_h.jpgFace to face, pt 1 by Jon Nichols, on Flickr

49038120768_08b1ae3bdc_h.jpgSome Day of the Dead participants are a little more subdued than others by Jon Nichols, on Flickr

49038116148_378e225a4e_h.jpgBeautiful little ghoul by Jon Nichols, on Flickr

49038621026_3c3beba940_h.jpgLooking a little pale... by Jon Nichols, on Flickr

Just got back from a trip to San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, for the Day of the Dead. We went last year and enjoyed it so much we had to go back. It's going to take a long time to work through all the pictures I took, but here are a few early ones.

Jon, those are beautiful - crisp and vibrant but still earthy. I play in a symphony orchestra as a profession, and 2 weekends ago we did two performances of the film "Coco" with live orchestra replacing the soundtrack. The colors and richness of tradition come through very well in the film and your photos reminded me of what it really represents. Excellent work, thank you for sharing!

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Jon, those are beautiful - crisp and vibrant but still earthy. I play in a symphony orchestra as a profession, and 2 weekends ago we did two performances of the film "Coco" with live orchestra replacing the soundtrack. The colors and richness of tradition come through very well in the film and your photos reminded me of what it really represents. Excellent work, thank you for sharing!

Thanks! My sons made sure my wife watched "Coco" before we went last year. I thought they did a good job of it. Would love to hear it with a live orchestra.

I must have taken about 2000 pictures, and it takes me a while to work through them (mostly with Lightroom), so I may be posting for a while... Thanks again!

On my last summer vacation I bought myself a new camera. A Canon Powershot SX70 HS. So, doing some experimenting.

Recent Harvest Moon on September the 13th.

fpn_1573481568__mond_2019-09-13_22-01_me

And one day after...

fpn_1573481610__mond_15-09-2019-img_1710

During my recent Mexico trip, we made our way to Guanajuato for the first time. This is a stitched combination of 5 shots taken from the viewing area by the Pípila statue. A beautiful city where we had a great time. Took more pictures, but haven't processed them; I was anxious to see how this panorama would turn out. I enjoy zooming in on different parts. Took a panoramic view from across the way, too, but haven't gotten to it yet.

3I0A9507-Pano-Edit-Edit-XL.jpg

During my recent Mexico trip, we made our way to Guanajuato for the first time. This is a stitched combination of 5 shots taken from the viewing area by the Pípila statue. A beautiful city where we had a great time. Took more pictures, but haven't processed them; I was anxious to see how this panorama would turn out. I enjoy zooming in on different parts. Took a panoramic view from across the way, too, but haven't gotten to it yet.

3I0A9507-Pano-Edit-Edit-XL.jpg

Nice, I recomend you "Headless Angel" by Vicky Baum a novel about the independence days in Guanajuato from the point of view of a foreigner, nice lecture I still remember it from many, many years ago.

Nice, I recomend you "Headless Angel" by Vicky Baum a novel about the independence days in Guanajuato from the point of view of a foreigner, nice lecture I still remember it from many, many years ago.

I will look for it. From what I've seen, it is a fascinating history.

This is a panorama from the other side, a bit left of center from the above photo:

3I0A9687-Pano-Edit-X2.jpg

And a couple of others that I liked:

3I0A9641-Edit-XL.jpg

3I0A9724-Edit-XL.jpg

3I0A9649-Edit-XL.jpg

3I0A9617-Edit-XL.jpg

Beautiful city; am eager to return.

I found this photo of mine from 2005 while looking through some long lost folders. The subject is mundane, but I dig the lighting.

fpn_1574929800__pict0006.jpg

Edited by Bookman

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

• 4 months later...