• penrivers

• alvarez57

• jon

• farmdogfan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

fpn_1510543531__stained-glass-on-concret

Afternoon sunlight streaming through modern stained glass yesterday shot this onto the concrete under the porticoed entrance to Whole Foods in Roseville, California. I captured it with my Galaxy 8 smartphone.

Edited by Bookman

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

Afternoon sunlight streaming through modern stained glass yesterday shot this onto the concrete under the porticoed entrance to Whole Foods in Roseville, California. I captured it with my Galaxy 8 smartphone.

Reminds me of the last words of Proust in La recherche " the sun a red blok falling beyond the sea".

Seven Views of Badwater Basin in Death Valley National Park,

Lowest Spot in the Western Hemisphere

[Click here to see all seven (+ one) photos in full resolution along with a description of each one]

fpn_1511155483__img_2172.jpg

fpn_1511155648__death-valley-134.jpg

fpn_1511155736__img_2182.jpg

fpn_1511208278__img_2182-w-graphics.jpg

fpn_1511155770__2011-death-valley-trip-0

fpn_1511155805__2011-death-valley-trip-0

fpn_1511155862__dsc07281.jpg

fpn_1511155897__dsc07249.jpg

Edited to add supplemental photo for the 3rd one from the top.

Edited by Bookman

Thanks Bookman, looking at your photos with a cup of coffe in my hands, they are pretty good, desert images have the quality in its inmensity of isolate , and purify whatever subject, cactus, roads, humanity, when there are no mens and womens you are viewing a million years ago landscape or amillion years in the futura.

I'm adding one more photo to show something that's in the 3rd image but is too small to be seen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A Day in San Francisco

A view of the Golden Gate Bridge on the walk from our parking spot to the entrance of the Legion of Honor

fpn_1514826225__sf-gg-bridge.jpg

Auguste Rodin's sculpture "The Three Shades" (1898) in the "Klimt & Rodin" exhibition

fpn_1514826450__sf-loh-3-shades.jpg

Pano of visitors admiring two late works by Gustave Klimt:"Portrait of a Lady" (1917)

center-left and "Portrait of Johanna Straude" (1917), center-right, both unfinished

fpn_1514826713__sf-loh-klimt-rodin.jpg

In another part of the museum: Pano of a display of 18th century French furniture

fpn_1514827176__sf-loh-french-furniture.

Pano of adjacent furniture display

fpn_1514827369__sf-loh-french-furniture-

In yet another part of the museum, here is a replica of the bouquet "Madeleine" leaves behind

at the fictional "Portrait of Carlotta" in Alfred Hitchcock's "Vertigo" (1958), part of

an homage display by Lynn Hershman Leeson entitled "VertiGhost"

fpn_1514828039__20171229_103952.jpg

Window display at the All Saints Store on Geary near Union Square

fpn_1514828105__sf-all-saints-store-wind

Pano: In Dashiell Hammett's novel, The Maltese Falcon, the "Hotel St Mark" was modelled after the real St. Francis

Hotel at Union Square (now the Westin St. Francis, with the U.S. flag out front). In the novel and both

films (1931 and 1941), Brigid O'Shaughnessy engages Miles Archer to "shadow" her

and Floyd Thursby from the hotel lobby, just before the plot thickens.

fpn_1514828482__sf-westin-st-francis-uni

At the deYoung Museum in Golden Gate Park, a row

of shells reflect against their glass enclosure

fpn_1514828548__sf-deyoung-shells-2.jpg

In the Teotihuacan (Mexico) exhibit, an unearthed incense-burner lid

fpn_1514828699__sf-deyoung-teotihuacan-0

More unearthed artifacts from Teotihuacan

fpn_1514828870__sf-deyoung-teotihuacan.j

Mostly-recovered "Circular Relief" (300-450 C.E.) excavated

from the site of the Sun Pyramid at Teotihuacan

fpn_1514828957__sf-deyoung-teotihuacan-0

Edited by Bookman