Visconti Cosmopolitan

Yuki Onitsura

I LOVE twisted pens (think Taccia Momenta, Divina Proportione). Now I have another to hope for! Thanks for a great review!

Then you'll want to look into an Ancora Gaudi while you're saving up.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yuki Onitsura

• Ghost Plane

• raging.dragon

• Esterfella

I'm getting the last red and gold - I could always eat next month, anyways!

My haiku:

Fountain pens seem to

Be extremely addicting.

I keep on buying.

Starvation is an underrated past time. Besides, you'll be too busy playing with the Cosmo to realise you're hungry ;)

Yuki

http://i54.tinypic.com/16jj9fb.jpg

Follow me on twitter! @crypticjunky

~And the words, they're everything and nothing. I want to search for her in the offhand remarks.~

I LOVE twisted pens (think Taccia Momenta, Divina Proportione). Now I have another to hope for! Thanks for a great review!

Thanks for the review and the detailed images.

Sascha

My pleasure =)

Yuki

~And the words, they're everything and nothing. I want to search for her in the offhand remarks.~

Excellent review, Yuki. About time we got together for a beer, isn't it?

I do believe we're due for a Sydney pen posse meetup soon.

Yuki

Excellent review!! I love that finish! :puddle:

I only have one Visconti pen: Homo Sapiens 1.3 stub Pd nib. I agree with you, that nib is really 10/10. It's a great pleasure to write with it! Visconti is growing on me!

Congratulations on your pen!!

Excellent review!! I love that finish! :puddle:

I only have one Visconti pen: Homo Sapiens 1.3 stub Pd nib. I agree with you, that nib is really 10/10. It's a great pleasure to write with it! Visconti is growing on me!

Congratulations on your pen!!

Thank you. Those Pd nibs really are something special, aren't they?

Yuki

Nice pen. I'm rather fond of my Divina Proportione and the Cosmopolitan looks like it's based on the same design, though with different celluloid and decorations. I think the banded celluloid looks better in the Cosmopolitan, with it's twisted form, than it did on Wall Street models.

Nice pen. I'm rather fond of my Divina Proportione and the Cosmopolitan looks like it's based on the same design, though with different celluloid and decorations. I think the banded celluloid looks better in the Cosmopolitan, with it's twisted form, than it did on Wall Street models.

No matter the incarnation, the Visconti stacked celluloid is, IMHO, some of the most beautiful material that a fountain pen has ever been made of. Currently I have all 4 Wall Street LE's, 3 Manhattans, 3 Copernicus and 2 Rebecca Moss pens made of this material. I passed initially on the Cosmopolitans because the push pull filler is probably my least fav of all the Visconti systems, the ink window leaves me cold and the pen fund was low at the time. They are beautiful pens and I certainly appreciate Bry going the distance to have them made.

A. Don's Axiom "It's gonna be used when I sell it, might as well be used when I buy it."

No matter the incarnation, the Visconti stacked celluloid is, IMHO, some of the most beautiful material that a fountain pen has ever been made of. Currently I have all 4 Wall Street LE's, 3 Manhattans, 3 Copernicus and 2 Rebecca Moss pens made of this material. I passed initially on the Cosmopolitans because the push pull filler is probably my least fav of all the Visconti systems, the ink window leaves me cold and the pen fund was low at the time. They are beautiful pens and I certainly appreciate Bry going the distance to have them made.

It's nice that Bryant is always going out of his way to help customers and potential customers. I've started eyeing off one of those Rebeccas Moss flat tops XD Goodbye Christmas vacation...

Yuki

My personal favourite is the burl wood celluloid.

I've never seen the stacked celluloid in person. I think Yuki's photos show it off better than Wallstreet photos on Visconti's web site.

I'm so glad to read that. It's the one which has been haunting my dreams.

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

A fantastic review for a fantastic pen. Speaking of the twisting body, Sailor Gaudi also seems to be a good option if you don't mind the metal finish.

congrats on a very nice and very rare limited edition visconti :thumbup: :notworthy1: enjoy it in good health and happy writing

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Beautiful! Lovely writing, too. I have a blue Wall St., but your green looks much better!

"We're out of cornflakes. F.U.' It took me three hours to figure out F.U. stood for Felix Unger!"

• 6 months later...

Yuki: Thanks for your review of this pen, and sharing your great hand writing with us. I own the exact same pen as you, also purchased from Bryant, of course, and it is spectacular in person. I concur with your assessment of the filling system - it's not clearly outlined in the instructions by Visconti how to gain an optimal fill, but the following steps were recommended: after the first downstroke (plunge fill), leave the pen submerged in the ink well for about 10 seconds, to allow the pen to fill, before pulling up; then, repeat the push, pull plunge routine for two or three times, to get a full fill-up. A bit high maintenance, but I think the quirkiness adds to the pen's uniqueness and character (that might be a rationalization on my part, but so be it). Truly, one of the most stunning pens ever. Enjoy!

a Twist to the Wall Street limited with the proper upgrades on cap threads (what do they call it?) and ink view trim which I wish were on the WS :thumbup:

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing