The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Visconti Rembrandt Eco-Roller

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 nm4

nm4

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 June 2011 - 23:12

Hi Folks,

Another review: The Visconti Eco-Roller. I've spent a few days with the pen and am quite impressed overall.

Please forgive my poor penmanship but my pager wouldn't stop going off and I had to crank this review out in a hurry.

There's no excuse for my poor photography though - promise I'll do better next time.

Cheers,
NM

Attached Images

• ECOR1.jpg

Cross ATX XF nib and Sheaffer 444X F nib for sale in the classifieds!

Sponsored Content

#2 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,497 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2011 - 00:04

dude that is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

fpn_1432247667__cropped-20150427_0641231 sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

#3 efchem

efchem

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2011 - 00:16

Does your eco-roller ever leak ink out of the breather slots when you are using it? My first tip didn't but when I decided to switch inks, I changed to a new tip and it now needs to be wiped every once in a while because ink is running down the tip.

Thanks,
Erick

#4 night0ne

night0ne

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2011 - 18:14

I thought that was a fountain pen review thread. But well...nice pen I guess? :bonk:
You are a sexually transmitted disease with a 100% chance of mortality.

#5 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,497 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2011 - 19:14

We review fountain pens, mechanical pencils, roller balls, and whatever else you want to review. If you click on the review index, and go to the bottom, you'll see all sorts of "other" reviews.

fpn_1432247667__cropped-20150427_0641231 sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

#6 nm4

nm4

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2011 - 19:26

Sorry to disappoint! I do adore my fountain pens and wish I could use them every day...but we have duplicate forms at work that won't even work with my nail nibs. They get gummed up with the cheap paper. No such problem with the Eco-roller.

Also I must say this pen is smoother than most of the fountain pens I own. Hard to believe but it literally glides across the paper. Try it and see for yourself!

NM

#7 yoyo70

yoyo70

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:30

Does your eco-roller ever leak ink out of the breather slots when you are using it? My first tip didn't but when I decided to switch inks, I changed to a new tip and it now needs to be wiped every once in a while because ink is running down the tip.

Thanks,
Erick

Hmmmmm. Mine leaks a tiny bit, but only when using the converter, and only for a couple of days after refilling.

#8 xuan87

xuan87

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2011 - 15:00

Do you have to wash the roller tip in any special way to get it clean? or just treat it like any other fountain pen nib?
Please check out my blogshop for fountain pens and inks at http://inkoholicanonymous.blogspot.com/ Reviews of my pens can be found there too!

#9 RayOski1

RayOski1

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:58

Flush it a few times. It will work even better

#10 jaredpens

jaredpens

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:36

Very nice pen. I just purchased this exact same pen :thumbup: , but have not written with it yet. Do you use it with the cartridges or the converter? Do you find it an awkward fill pulling the ink through a rollerball tip if using the converter?
Currently Inked:
Montegrappa Extra 1930 Bamboo Black, Fine Nib, Aurora Black Ink
Aurora America Limited Edition, Fine Nib, Aurora Black Ink

#11 nm4

nm4

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:15

I use the converter. I wouldn't bother trying to pull up ink with the rollerball nib - I'd just stick the converter into the bottle of ink. Keep in mind on your first fill you'll probably use half of the converter just to fill the feed.

Cheers,
NM

#12 RayOski1

RayOski1

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:21

Very nice pen. I just purchased this exact same pen :thumbup: , but have not written with it yet. Do you use it with the cartridges or the converter? Do you find it an awkward fill pulling the ink through a rollerball tip if using the converter?

I haven't had a problem filling thru the nib

#13 Inkstain

Inkstain

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:44

I have the same pen. I haven't had leakage problems (knock on wood) and fill through the nib too. The nib does "squeek" sometimes and think maybe there is some slow flow at times. However, it really writes well with no skips etc. I bought it for work where I can't always use an FP but still wanted to feel like I was...sort of...Anyway, I use it less and less now since I changed jobs and may end up selling it. But I will sell it because I don't use it so much, not because I don't like it or it is faulty. I think it is a good writing instrument and replaces the rollerball for me. It feels soft, more like a nib than a roller ball. It can glide across the page like a good nib. I think the right ink makes a difference. I use Visconti black or sometimes Namiki. It's not a fountain pen and not a rollerball. I like the unique feel. BTW, the magnetic clip is a great novelty, especially for a pen that I have to pop the cap off and replace so many times.

#14 krandallkraus

krandallkraus

So Many Pens, So Little Money

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 January 2019 - 18:40

I know it's years later, but I am having trouble getting my pen to write. I fill the converter and then when I slowly try to get some ink to the feed/nib it squirts out the breathing slot and never gets to the nib. What am I doing wrong? I see they've stopped making this pen. Too bad. I love mine and have two.

Phone calls last just minutes, emails get deleted, but letters live forever.

#15 minddance

minddance

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 03:53

Nice variations in tones. Is it easy to flush this rollerball? Maintenance is one of my top priorities. And does the ink dry out in the pen?

#16 John-XXII

John-XXII

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 February 2019 - 05:17

Nice pen thanks for the review!

Namiki Yukari Maki-e Zodiac Horse 1st edition, by Masaru Hayashi 林胜 | Namiki Yukari Royale Vermillon Urushi No. 20 | Pelikan M1000 | Montblanc WE 2004 Franz Kafka LE | Montblanc POA 2018 Homage to Ludwig II LE 4810 | Montblanc POA Joseph II 2012 LE 4810 | Montblanc 146 75th Anniversary SE | Montblanc Meisterstück Great Masters James Purdey & Sons SE | Montblanc 118232 Heritage Collection Rouge et Noir Spider Metamorphosis SE Coral | Montblanc 10575 Meisterstück Gold 149 | Montblanc 114229 Meisterstück Platinum 149 | Montblanc 111043 John F. Kennedy LE 1917 Rollerball | Montblanc 116258 The Beatles SE Ballpoint | Montblanc 114723 Heritage Collection Rouge et Noir SE Rollerball | Montblanc Meisterstück Platinum-Coated Classique Ballpoint |

Sponsored Content

|