The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pendleton Vp Medium Ci

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nm4

nm4

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 June 2011 - 22:28

Hi Guys,

Just a review of a Pilot VP Cursive Italic by Pendleton...really pleased with it. Probably my favorite nib overall - great line variation and really smooth (although the thin upstrokes do sometimes limit how fast I can write with it).

Cheers,
NM
Cross ATX XF nib and Sheaffer 444X F nib for sale in the classifieds!

Sponsored Content

#2 Gobblecup

Gobblecup

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 18:36

I've got a "B" CI VP nib from Pendleton, it too writes like a dream, I ended up with two more PB nibs not long after I got the VP nib!

Thanks for the nice handwritten review. :thumbup:
Gobblecup ~

#3 fabrimedeiros

fabrimedeiros

BROAD ITALIC/STUB ADDICTED

• Member - Gold

• 1,813 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 23:23

Thanks for the review! I'm templed to try one! But I think my choice would be a VP w/ B nib.

#4 kahhoewan

kahhoewan

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2011 - 16:50

Hi Guys,

Just a review of a Pilot VP Cursive Italic by Pendleton...really pleased with it. Probably my favorite nib overall - great line variation and really smooth (although the thin upstrokes do sometimes limit how fast I can write with it).

Cheers,
NM

Hey how many MM is the nib? and what type of paper are you writing on?

#5 nm4

nm4

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:13

I didn't measure it but based on comparison to other pens I'd say the nib is about 0.7mm. I'm using some cheap notebook paper bought from Target.
Cross ATX XF nib and Sheaffer 444X F nib for sale in the classifieds!

#6 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,033 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:35

very nice writing and very nice nib :thumbup: thanks for sharing
Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

#7 GOB Bluth

GOB Bluth

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 July 2011 - 23:54

I have a VP with broad nib that I want to send to PB. Do you know if he grinds on site at the DC Pen show? Rather than ship off, I may do that if he is going to be there and will grind on site.

#8 Gobblecup

Gobblecup

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,957 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 00:11

I have a VP with broad nib that I want to send to PB. Do you know if he grinds on site at the DC Pen show? Rather than ship off, I may do that if he is going to be there and will grind on site.

I believe he will be there and have his 'grinder' as he says, but you might want to send him an email to be sure.. If you need it I can send it to you via PM. :thumbup:
Gobblecup ~

Sponsored Content

|