The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Edison Nouveau Premiere Le

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 bgray

bgray

Edison Pen Co.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 00:06

Is it just me or is Brian saving his best designs for the production pens? This and the Hudson (especially the Hudson) are sublime.

Maybe it's just me, but I find the shape of the Glenmont to be very similar to that of the Hudson, and the Herald's shape is similar to the Nouveau Premiere's. The exact dimensions may be different (I haven't compared them), but there does appear to be some likenesses.

The Hudson and Glenmont barrels are pretty similar by accident. My hand just made the barrel that my eye wanted to see, and they turned out to be pretty similar barrels! However, the section on the Hudson is the same design that I use on the Glenmont. So both pens will feel similar in the hand. But the caps are different lengths and dimensions.

The Herald and Premiere are both torpedo shaped, true, but the overall diameter is significantly smaller with the Premiere regarding all parts. The Premiere barrel is longer. The Premiere Cap has a taper on the lip, and is thinner. And overall, the Premiere shape is a little "pointier".

Sponsored Content

#42 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,033 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:13

very nice and sober pen, I like it :thumbup:
Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

#43 seanwhy

seanwhy

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 July 2011 - 23:41

I am eagerly waiting for #35. I expressed to Goulet that I wanted to use the pen as an eye drop filler. Rachel responded and said she would pass that along to Brian Gray at Edison. Brian promptly emailed me and said he would send me some silicon grease and grease the section for me. I also realized the day after I placed my order that I wanted an extra nib (fine) to go along with the bold I requested with my order. Again, Rachel told me if would be no problem. In short, both Edison and Goulet were patient, helpful, and extremely responsive. I would rather buy pens and pen products from them than anyone else.

#44 Tiffanyhenschel

Tiffanyhenschel

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 July 2011 - 00:59

I am eagerly waiting for #35. I expressed to Goulet that I wanted to use the pen as an eye drop filler. Rachel responded and said she would pass that along to Brian Gray at Edison. Brian promptly emailed me and said he would send me some silicon grease and grease the section for me. I also realized the day after I placed my order that I wanted an extra nib (fine) to go along with the bold I requested with my order. Again, Rachel told me if would be no problem. In short, both Edison and Goulet were patient, helpful, and extremely responsive. I would rather buy pens and pen products from them than anyone else.

Be sure to let us know how you like your new pen when you receive it. The nibs are very easy to switch out by the way.
"Life is too big for words, so don't try to describe it. Just live it."
- C.S. Lewis

Posted Image

#45 Carlos

Carlos

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:07

I don't know this pen, but I have a Mina, that I purchased on 2nd hand, and it writes quite dry, like a bone. It's also a terrible skipper. I have tried another Edison pen from a friend and it was also dry. I really don't like Edison pens, and we can buy 2 wonderful pens, at least, with the same price, or a top pen from Pelikan (M1000), which is incomparable to an Edison. It's absolutely overprice for a pen with stainless steel pen. Just my opinion.

Did you ever reach out to me to rectify this?

Did the person that you bought this pen from specifically request the pen to write dry when he/she bought the pen direct from me?

I'm more than happy to service the pens that I sell.

I bought a broad steel nib unit from Brian for a previously purchased pre-owned Edisonpen FP (which had an F nib). I told Brian that I like wet flowing and smooth nibs (without any hint of feedback). He sent me the nib that was tweaked exactly the way I wanted it. Brian does great customer service I am sure he would, as best as possible, ensure that you are happy with your Edisonpen pen.

#46 PBW

PBW

Stuck on a rock

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:26

#41 was delivered to me earlier this week. I ordered it with a broad stub nib. Now I just have to wait until October to use it. It is going to be my 10th anniversary gift. It does look pretty though. I'm glad I ordered when I did.
"Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps down new roads armed with nothing but their own vision." - Ayn Rand

I may be getting older, but I REFUSE to GROW UP!

#47 StephenC

StephenC

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 21:05

This is a stunning pen. I'm thinking of picking up the cherry cordial ebonite version. Any idea if the ebonite is heavier or lighter than the normal resin version?

#48 Tiffanyhenschel

Tiffanyhenschel

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:18

This is a stunning pen. I'm thinking of picking up the cherry cordial ebonite version. Any idea if the ebonite is heavier or lighter than the normal resin version?

I have the black satin version besides the ebonite LE ones. The difference is ever so slight. The ebonite feels a little lighter and thinner than the acrylic. It is also very, very smooth and pleasant to hold.
- C.S. Lewis

Posted Image

#49 StephenC

StephenC

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:35

Thanks. This helps.

#50 Bill Wood

Bill Wood

Bill Wood

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:06

Little competition for you all. Name one other company, on this network, that responded personally to a posting as Brian did here.?????? !!!!!!There's you reason why Edison. Thanks

Tiffany you sold me. That's my next pen in the Cherry Cordial hopefully.

#51 risingsun

risingsun

Collector Mentality

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 August 2012 - 21:34

I am in the process of buying the subject pen of this review from Tiffany (E.N.P. LE #3 of 50) and unfortunately she has misplaced the box and papers. I wanted a record of me making this purchase in case she happens to find the box or papers, so she can easily locate me, as I would very much like to keep the records with this pen...

Sun%20Hemmi2.jpg

#52 Tiffanyhenschel

Tiffanyhenschel

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 August 2012 - 22:54

I will definitely keep you in mind as I go through things. I have the papers forte cherry cordial version, so I am not sure where the other ones went.

I still feel te same way about the pen as I did in this review. It is a work of art, and it is a very comfortable writer. I fin myself using fatter pens, though, so one color I this model is enough for me.

Be sure to check back in and let us know what you think of he pen when you receive it. It would be interesting to read two separate views of the same pen.
- C.S. Lewis

Posted Image

Sponsored Content

|