1st edition print, hardback copy of the new book:
Fountain Pens for the Million - The History of Conway Stewart
1905 - 2005 by Stephen Hull
Founded in 1905 Conway Stewart is among the best-known and best-loved of the English pen makers. Stephen Hull meticulously chronicles the history and development of Conway Stewart; detailing previously unpublished material, internal company documents and correspondence, prototypes, patents, registered trademarks, materials used including celluloid and casein, overlays and hallmarks, print advertisements, the development and design of all the Conway Stewart models since 1905 and much more! 'Fountain Pens for the Million' features 300 pages of history, more than 700 illustrations -- it is a reference book that will undoubtedly appeal to all Conway Stewart vintage and modern enthusiasts as well as those interested in the history of British writing instruments.
- Hardbound, First Edition Print.
- 225 mm x 280 mm, 3.1 lbs weight.
- 300 pages containing unpublished material about Conway Stewart.
- 30 pages of appendices providing detailed information on patents, registered trade marks, pen model numbers, key features and colours/materials, model specifications and more.
- 700+ full-colour images (most at actual size) of pens, prototypes, pencils, ink pencils and other items.
- 130+ adverts, leaflets and shots of the factories and personnel.
- Reminiscences from relatives of the founders, former directors and employees.