The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Curzon - Summit Ltd

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 northlodge

northlodge

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:46

As a collector of Summit pens I have been only too aware of how little information is available on this manufacturer. I have decided to try and correct the situation, and have launched a website documenting the history & model range of Curzon - Summit (and eventually Lang?). Far from complete, but now ready for comments, criticism, and additional contributions. Please take a look here:

www.summit.ch944.net

Edited by northlodge, 24 June 2011 - 08:12.

Sponsored Content

#2 Beechwood

Beechwood

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 17:07

Thanks for the link.

Did the company make a squeeze bulb filler, vulcanite style finish and just marked Made in England?

Edited by Arthur, 24 June 2011 - 17:07.

#3 northlodge

northlodge

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,330 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:58

Thanks for the link.

Did the company make a squeeze bulb filler, vulcanite style finish and just marked Made in England?

I think what you are describing Arthur is similar to the Auto-Vac model. This also appears to have been sold under a range of brand names, including National Security, and possibly as a 'Typhoo Pen'. I therefore think what you have is a Lang made pen.

#4 red52ripple

red52ripple

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:19

Thanks very much for generously sharing your work in this way. This is an invaluable resource.

Regards,
~Deborah

goodwriterspens.com/

www.goodwriterspensales.com/

#5 rard.changizi

rard.changizi

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:59

Your link is great. Thank you and I hope we can all help you fill in the gaps. I am very interested in Lang Pen Co pens and a predecessor called May Pen Co. Steve Hull has given me what he knows but I would be interested to hear from anypone with any knowledge what so ever.

Living in Australia we get very few Curzon pens made available to us other than the rare ones that come up on EBay. Great to find someone who has some for sale.

Keep up the great work.

#6 Malcy

Malcy

True Blue

• Member - Gold

• 1,169 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 August 2011 - 23:18

Thanks for this. I often see these pens on ebay and this information helps me understand what I am looking at. :)
My pen photo galleries - Reorganised

#7 fabbale

fabbale

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 August 2011 - 15:48

As a collector of Summit pens I have been only too aware of how little information is available on this manufacturer. I have decided to try and correct the situation, and have launched a website documenting the history & model range of Curzon - Summit (and eventually Lang?). Far from complete, but now ready for comments, criticism, and additional contributions. Please take a look here:

www.summit.ch944.net

Ciao
this is a very nice SUMMIT in a vivid orange color that is in my collection.
What about this?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is another in aversize ripple very very actrattive, but is sold to my friend

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I dont't know moore about this brand, but the pens that i've seen are very, very actrattive :thumbup:

#8 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,367 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 September 2011 - 20:23

Thanks for this information. My interest about Summit was piqued by the Write Time website. You have put up a whole lot more information. I am going to save the link and spend some time reading what you have written. Thanks again.

Write Time: http://www.writetime...other/other.htm for others who might be interested.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

#9 Bassplayer

Bassplayer

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 September 2011 - 23:20

Thanks for setting up your website, loads of really useful information. I was born in Scotland but I've lived in Liverpool since I was very small, my parents moving down here when I was five in early 1966, so I feel more like a Liverpudlian than anything else.

Fascinated therefore to see that Curzon-Summit were a Liverpool based company, especially as I bought a Summit S160 within the last 24 hours without being aware of the connection.

Given that Diamine inks are also made in the city I call home, I'm looking forward to bringing my S160 back to where it belongs and letting it have a drink of the local inks.

Thanks once again.
Basses, watches, fountain pens. Is there more..?

#10 daynix

daynix

Rare

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 15:40

Summit pens are really beautiful and well made. I have some that look very much like Swans - in snakeskin, coral, etc. Even one pen that is a Parker coral streamlined look alike that is the same size as a Big Red. It is marked Regent Senior, Made in England - and I was told that it was produced by Summit.
Dayne

#11 northlodge

northlodge

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,330 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 November 2011 - 14:20

Summit pens are really beautiful and well made. I have some that look very much like Swans - in snakeskin, coral, etc. Even one pen that is a Parker coral streamlined look alike that is the same size as a Big Red. It is marked Regent Senior, Made in England - and I was told that it was produced by Summit.

I believe that you are correct, and that Regent, Strand, etc were Lang products. I will be including these on the website over the next couple of weeks, so if you have any photos please pass them on (or as an alternative I would accept the actual pen :glare: )

#12 daynix

daynix

Rare

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 21:27

I believe that you are correct, and that Regent, Strand, etc were Lang products. I will be including these on the website over the next couple of weeks, so if you have any photos please pass them on (or as an alternative I would accept the actual pen :glare: )

I'll send you the pic - love the pen!!
Dayne

#13 rard.changizi

rard.changizi

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 November 2011 - 23:25

It's taken a bit to get this far but I have found out a bit more. Lang Pen Co made a variety of pens under licenced names. They include Strand, Regent, Silk and Royal. I believe that they also made some that were specific for certain retailers of the day including Doidge's and Typhoo. I have lately purchased these pens on Ebay and sure enough they are fittend with nibs marker Lang and Curzon. I wonder what others they made???? Anyone have any idea's?

#14 newlife

newlife

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:58

Thanks for the link!

I got several Summmit pens, one S 160 and several S 175 in that beautiful lizard patterns. Surely great pens, I'm always looking for more!

Klaus

#15 daynix

daynix

Rare

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:14

Here is the Regent Senior compared to a Parker Sr. Duofold
Dayne

Sponsored Content

|