#521 Tessy Moon

Tessy Moon

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever" ~ Keats

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:58

That's some wild sheen! Looks super cool.

I am loving this Canson vellum from HalloweenHJB! It is super awesome for showing off sheen!

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

#522 mudman

mudman

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:37

I am loving this Canson vellum from HalloweenHJB! It is super awesome for showing off sheen!

I'll look into that. I've been using rhodia and tomoe paper. But the pens I've been using are a fine nib and don't write very wet. Hopefully the medium italic FC pocket 66 might be a good candidate for showing off the sheen.

#523 Tessy Moon

Tessy Moon

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever" ~ Keats

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 June 2015 - 21:50

I'll look into that. I've been using rhodia and tomoe paper. But the pens I've been using are a fine nib and don't write very wet. Hopefully the medium italic FC pocket 66 might be a good candidate for showing off the sheen.

A wet pen and a broader nib can really help in the quest for sheen! Tomoe River is usually pretty good at showing sheen, more than Rhodia imo. 

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

#524 mudman

mudman

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:44

A wet pen and a broader nib can really help in the quest for sheen! Tomoe River is usually pretty good at showing sheen, more than Rhodia imo. 

Yup found that out. Kinda strange though, for some reason I'm having the opposite, my tomoe shows less sheen than the rhodia.

#525 dxing97

dxing97

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:52

Souten's sheen is crazy. It's almost too crazy for me, even. I don't have it inked up at the moment, but the sheen added a light red flair to the writing. It's when I used it in my (really wet) Ahab that I started seeing the oiliness. It acted strangely on paper; during reverse writing, it looked like a normal blue, no sheen. When I used a stub, Souten looked almost black on paper, all entirely sheen.

Side note; I let the Ahab sit for three weeks inked up with Souten by accident, and by the end of it about half of it dried up and the ink was really dark, "sheeny", and oily.

#526 HalloweenHJB

HalloweenHJB

Home of the Screaming Pumpkins!

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 June 2015 - 14:15

Souten's sheen is crazy. It's almost too crazy for me, even. I don't have it inked up at the moment, but the sheen added a light red flair to the writing. It's when I used it in my (really wet) Ahab that I started seeing the oiliness. It acted strangely on paper; during reverse writing, it looked like a normal blue, no sheen. When I used a stub, Souten looked almost black on paper, all entirely sheen.

Side note; I let the Ahab sit for three weeks inked up with Souten by accident, and by the end of it about half of it dried up and the ink was really dark, "sheeny", and oily.

Your description is making me love it all the more!  

"Con alivio, con humillación, con terror, comprendió que él también era una apariencia, que otro estaba soñándolo."

Jorge Luis Borges

[Sponsored Content]