FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Bexley Perlson Enterprises Balance
Posted 21 June 2011 - 17:23
I have finally found a pen that I absolutely adore and for me is the pinnacle of my pen collecting. Not sure how many people have seen on eBay that judperl had his own Bexley model made. It's based off the Sheaffer Balance pens and I have to say personally it's one of, if not the best pen I have ever owned. I've had lots, but this is the first time I would be comfortable with getting rid of the rest of my pens and just writing with these for the rest of my life! (but come on, we're collectors, I wouldn't REALLY give up the rest of my pens). As I told Mike from Judperl, this is the first time in 4 years I've been visibly and extremely excited by a pen I've purchased. Also the first time I've really rushed to make sure I picked up one of each colour.
I purchased all four colours he had made (plus he has a limited edition I'll be purchasing soon) The standard models come with Bexley Steel nibs (Jowo Nibs) and the limited edition comes with a 14k old school Bexley nib. One of the pens I replaced the steel nib with an 18k Bexley nib I had so I have a bit of spice added in.
Overall these pens are really great. I think the look is absolutely superb (I'm a big fan of thicker cap bands). Quality is typical Bexley quality, nothing to really add there.
It sounds like he had 25 of each standard colour made with some having gold trim and some rhodium trim (not sure the ratio).
I've started carrying all four in my Levenger four pen case.
I'm not related to the business at all, but I'm just an extremely happy customer.
Posted 21 June 2011 - 19:08
I especially like the one with blue and red swirls.
Parker VS (rust)
Parker "51" aerometric (navy grey)
Sheaffer Snorkel Saratoga (burgundy)
Sheaffer Imperial IV Touchdown (green)
Posted 21 June 2011 - 20:17
Posted 23 June 2011 - 15:54