The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

9048 And 9128 Flexibility Rumor

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 kushbaby

kushbaby

We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 August 2011 - 19:12

I have three or four 9128 nibs (they were all NOS as I recall). They vary A LOT in their flexibility (as do Waterman flexible nibs). None are wet noodles (but "flexible" does not necessarily mean "noodle"). But all will do what a nice flexy Waterman 52 with a extra fine flexible nib will do - with some pressure, line will vary from very thin to wider for a nice thin-ish Copperplate effect. It's nice. Since I write with a light hand, I have to work at it a little harder with several of them. But the one I have decided is my favorite? Well, as Goldilocks said, is "just right". :cloud9:

I like eating peanuts with chopsticks...

Sponsored Content

#22 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

You do, indeed, only live once.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:55

Well, FWIW, I've just come into possession of a 9788 nib in the last few days. I don't have any experience with a proper 'wet noodle', and I guess you could say the only 'flex' I've spent any time with is a Noodler's pen (the new model that came out a few weeks ago).

But compared to about five other Estie nibs I have, this one is rather remarkable in the amount of flex it exhibits, and - at least with mine - it isn't being done with undue force or pressure. I may still have to do some feed cleaning and tweaking, but it has been a very pleasant surprise in my current fascination with sashaying through a number of different Esterbrook nibs. Definitely fun to write with!
"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."
~ Benjamin Franklin

#23 onatorrent

onatorrent

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Location:Lake Placid, Fl - But looking to move out of this one horse rual town ASAP!
  • Flag:

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:00

The only difference I can tell is that the 9048 is listed as a shading nib and the 9128 is listed as a find flex nib.

Kenneth
REF: http://snyderfamily....t/estienibs.htm

PS: Hope this little bit of info finds it's way in helping someone in someway.

#24 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,875 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:53

Yeah, rebar flexes too.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

Sponsored Content

|