Fpn Database Restored After Crash

Admin

This site provides a lot of pleasure to a lot of people. Delivering this web site must, at times, be a pretty complex undertaking. Please know that your efforts are appreciated by, literally, thousands of fountain pen enthusiasts world-wide.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• fountainbel

• ethernautrix

• Ragnarok

Thanks...

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

- Milton Friedman

Thank you all for the work you did over this weekend, and for the work you've been doing for years. I'm sure we all appreciate it.

And I was glad that you kept us updated with those screens while the entire debacle was ongoing. It's good to know what's going on, rather than just not being able to log in.

And now I'm going to go posting around and build back up those 70+ posts of mine that went away :headsmack: . I'd much rather take a hit to the post count than have the entire Fountain Pen Network go away.

PS - as I tried to post this the board went down again! Oh well, these things will happen, and happen.

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

Thanks for coming back!

hershamboy

"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd" - Voltaire

Lamy Safari (Charcoal, Red, Blue, Black, LE Aquamarine, LE Apple Green) * Lamy Al-Star * Esterbrook LJ * Pilot VP * MB 145 Chopin * TWSBI 530 Diamond * Pilot Pluminix (F and M italic) * Conway Stewart 475 * Lamy Studio 67 * Lamy 2000 * Noodlers Ahab

Thank you all for the work you did over this weekend, and for the work you've been doing for years. I'm sure we all appreciate it.

And I was glad that you kept us updated with those screens while the entire debacle was ongoing. It's good to know what's going on, rather than just not being able to log in.

And now I'm going to go posting around and build back up those 70+ posts of mine that went away :headsmack: . I'd much rather take a hit to the post count than have the entire Fountain Pen Network go away.

PS - as I tried to post this the board went down again! Oh well, these things will happen, and happen.

Think we all took a 'hit' on the posts thing mate but a small price to get it all back up & running. I am about 300 down but it really dosent matter that much.

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Many thanks for all your hard work in fixing the problems. So what if a few post counts got deleted.

Iechyd da pob Cymro

Admins, however much work, anxiety, fear, and concerns you have expended over this crash and (relatively small) loss of data, please know that for many of us, FPN is special, and keeping it working is appreciated beyond what words can express. You are holding in your hands, the largest community and ongoing resource of contributed information regarding the rich history of writing and writing tools that I have seen in one place. Thanks for the detailed feedback.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Also, I just remembered that I had installed the "Lazarus" plug-in for my Firefox, and sure enough, all my posts were stored for re-posting. It's a great plug-in.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

I've done this kind of work before as well. Thank you all for your hard work over the holiday weekend. As I hope you can see from the number of Thank You posts, your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Ken

(edited for PS)

P.S. I've been meaning to make a donation, this was enough of a kick in the butt to finally do it.

Edited by kkshadow

"If you are going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/carrieh/l.png

I was already in awe over all the work the Administrative Team so recently accomplished in the redesign of the Site to make it nicer for all of us to use; particularly the many "how to function and/or navigate the Forum" pieces of information that greatly help the less experienced. When this crash occurred, my heart went out to you all, even while sitting in the dark about just how sick the patient really was. Now that you have told us all that has been needed by you to try to correct the issues, you most certainly have earned my gratitude and utmost respect. Thank you for the personal time invested to make the Forum a great ongoing experience for the rest of us to contribute to and from which to learn much! :notworthy1: :notworthy1:

Dear moderator team

My sincere appriciation and thanks for solving these problems .

Great week-end job !

Francis

PS Always welcome at my home to drink a nice Duvel beer on that !

[sarcasm] Well, thanks a lot for fixing the FPN database guys :mad: ...I actually got some long-postponed chores done this weekend... :glare: [/sarcasm]

Just kidding!!!!

:D

Thank you so much for all your hard work (done in your own free time = volunteer time :clap1: ) in taking care of this wonderful site! :)

With thanks and much appreciation,

~Maja

A sincere thank you to the mods for going above and beyond the call of duty and fixing all this. It is much appreciated.

notworthy1.gif

I work in IT myself (Linux Admin), and I have had to restore a Wiki that became corrupted. For the non-techies wondering how much work is involved, lets just say that if this happened at my shop, I would have been quite put out (when I had to do a restore it was due to one of our developers "testing" some code on our Project Wiki). Our admins had to do this not just over a weekend, but also remotely, which makes it all the slower.

So in summary:

CONGRATULATIONS & THANK YOU!!!!

<Would now be a bad time to ask that color selection be set to ink colors, e.g. Poussiere de Lune?hmm1.gif>

Yes, I do think I am funny...

http://www.nerdtests.com/images/ft/nq/9df5e10593.gif

-- Avatar Courtesy of Brian Goulet of Goulet Pens (thank you for allowing people to use the logo Brian!) --

It's nothing like to start a day with a good news - the FPN is back!

Thank you all involved in the hard work over the last few days.

Denny

It's nothing like to start a day with a good news - the FPN is back!

Thank you all involved in the hard work over the last few days.

Denny

I''ll second this from support from OZ land.

It is great to have FPN back. Many thanks for all the hard work & dedication of the admin here. I am in amazament at their hard & long work. :clap1:

A few thumbs up needed here:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks and welcome back FPN: :W2FPN: :W2FPN:

[/b ] Penguina[size=5][/size]