Who Is The Manufacturer?

inkyblot

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/store/item.aspx?ItemId=151299

this is a stellar bargain imo. styled in italy,made in china. it says www.pellapaper.com the website does not exist. the only mention of pella paper on google is right here. a journal purchased by someone in canada.

does anyone know who the manufacturer of this is? i was just interested in knowing.

thanks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkyblot

• Ghost Plane

• jimhughes

• funkypeanut

Beware of uneven paper quality when it's Made in China - you never know what you're going to get. That's why Moleskine is sometimes OK for FPs and sometimes not. :headsmack:

indeed. some of the pages were ok and some not. in the same journal! plus many pages had some marks on them. it is no rhodia but with cupon it is less than two bucks. it is certainly useable. for not much more money there are us and euorpean art journals with very heavy paper but with only like 25 pages. i have found art journals are great with fp's. if you choose the right type of paper in them. i do know about the made in china caveat though.

I saw these in the store the other day, and I thought about getting one, but every single one that they had had a loose binding, and all the pockets were already beginning to detach. The same Hobby Lobby had the Pentalic notebooks in the same size for the same price, but they're better made and have more consistent paper.

I ordered 4 just now to check them out. At worse they'll go to work with me for the RB use. At this price hard to pass them up. Thanks for the lead, Jim

the strathmore "mixed media" vellum wirebound journal at hobby lobby is very nice. only 34 sheets. 190gsm though! however, if you are by a dick blick it is half the price there and actually a bargain as well. made in usa from cotton. i hope you guys that got this are not completely let down. it is far from great but it is not half bad either. the 3 i got are constructed fine. not falling apart. i just wish i knew where these came from. hl will not tell me for obvious reasons.

I can't stand those elastic waistbands. Just like you know you've given up on life when you hit the buffet in sweatpants, a notebook with an elastic band is giving up on its appearance...that band will stretch, sag, tear and deform the cover, eventually.

it is interesting that you mention that. there were two i did not take because the band was already tearing the covers! they were brand new. ahh, china. well, there are very high end journals that have those bands. for one thing rhodia webbies do and even higher end than that. i don't know why they use them either. this little thing is so stuffed with 74# paper though. it would probably burst open without it! the comment about the buffet was funny. no, actually it is sad lol.

would you guys please post here how you like it when you get it? my best guess now is that it is made by seagull paper company in china.

• 9 months later...

Hi inkyblot -- I have a notebook, about 3" x 4," with an embossed leather-bound (or leather-like) cover. The binding is stitched (not glued), and it contains about a hundred lined pages, each of which say "Pella Paper" in small lettering on the front of each page. The paper is thick, smooth, and wonderful to write on with a fountain pen. There are no marks on the pages, and the paper seems to be of a very decent quality. The little journal even has a nice, satiny, marker ribbon. I keep it by my computer to keep track of passwords, etc. I can find no reference to this brand (Pella) anywhere.

I got it at the dollar store, and it cost -- you guessed it! -- a dollar. And they had scads of them.

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." Cicero