The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Omas ogiva guilloche HT trim

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cloud

Cloud

We like pens!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 23:09

I received yesterday this Omas Ogiva guilloche HT trim.

First impression: The package is a beautiful box as you can see in the photo. Also there is a case for the pen that is included. There is an Omas history pamphlet with nice photos and interesting information about the company, and the warranty. 5/5

I was really impressed by the package and hoped it was a sign that the content would be as good!

Design: 4,5/5 The pen as a beautifull black finish. I think it's coton resin. The pen has a nice size. Photo comparing Omas Ogiva, Danitrio Cum laude and Aurora Talentum.

It is lighter then the two other pens. It feels comfortable in my hand. I prefer larger pen. The clip rolls so it can't really damage a shirt pocket. The only issue I have is the clip, i think it should have been a little bigger. All in all the pen looks awsome. I chose the guilloche because I think it looks pretty cool. Also, silver trim is because I am one of these less glitter the better.

The nib: The nib is great. It is super smooth, a little flexi. I chose the medium nib, but it's a broadish medium. The nib is wet, and it has a ebonite feed. This is the smoothest pen I have. It's like butter. 5/5

Filling mechanism: It is a piston filler, great ink capacity. Very happy with filling mechanism. 5/5

value: It's an excellent pen. 5/5

Total: 24,5/25

It's one of my keepers. Now I just wish I had more to write...

Edited by Cloud, 25 January 2007 - 21:53.

Commit to be fit
ClaudeP.com

Sponsored Content

#2 Maja

Maja

Fan of colourful pens

• FPN Hon. Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2006 - 21:30

Great review, Cloud! It is a lovely-looking pen. smile.gif
I have an Omas Extra and it writes very smoothly too.
Just curious about the postal problems (you said it was Purolator's fault ); not to be too nosy, but I'm curious if it's something that might affect me as well ( I live in Western Canada)...

Edited by Maja, 15 November 2006 - 21:30.

Vancouver (B.C) Pen Club (our website)

#3 Cloud

Cloud

We like pens!

• Member - Gold

• 1,043 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 22:34

Well,

USPS sent the package to post canada who transfered it to purolator. Purolator let the package stay for around 9 days on a shelve before calling me to get direction to my address. Since I live in a new project, they didn't have direction.

When I asked them about the delay, they said it was unusual. I was mad but it was the fault of the person in front of me... What could I do!

Also, I called multiple time post canada to get info about the location of the package. They didn't have any useful information for me.

So It should be more of an exception then the norm. I always seem to fall soemwhere between the cracks of the system.

Hope this helps. and thanks for the coments
Commit to be fit
ClaudeP.com

#4 Stephen-I-am

Stephen-I-am

Allergic to gold trim

• Member - Gold

• 1,023 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 22:57

Which ink did you use in the photos? Looks nice.

Stephen
Current Favorite Inks
Noodlers La Reine Mauve Noodlers Walnut

#5 Cloud

Cloud

We like pens!

• Member - Gold

• 1,043 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 12:59

It's Mont Blanc British Racing Green.

My favorite green so far.
Commit to be fit
ClaudeP.com

#6 Maja

Maja

Fan of colourful pens

• FPN Hon. Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2006 - 19:23

QUOTE(Cloud @ Nov 15 2006, 02:34 PM)
Well,

USPS sent the package to post canada who transfered it to purolator. Purolator let the package stay for around 9 days on a shelve before calling me to get direction to my address. Since I live in a new project, they didn't have direction.

When I asked them about the delay, they said it was unusual. I was mad but it was the fault of the person in front of me... What could I do!

Also, I called multiple time post canada to get info about the location of the package. They didn't have any useful information for me.

So It should be more of an exception then the norm. I always seem to fall soemwhere between the cracks of the system.

Hope this helps. and thanks for the coments

Thanks!
~Maja
Vancouver (B.C) Pen Club (our website)

Sponsored Content

|