Montblanc Boheme Review

ImolaS3

Bought a Boheme rouge on the Bay yesterday and am expecting (hoping) it will arrive tomorrow. Can't wait. :puddle:

Can someone confirm whether Diamine cartridges will fit it? Thanks.

Yes - that's one manufacturer I have used in mine. Other is PR cartridges.

Please visit my new pen and ink/pen box site at www.boxesandpens.co.uk

Hand made boxes to store and display your favourite pens.

10% discount for FPN members

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImolaS3

• mjchuang9

• hari317

• luvpens

I cannot image I have 4 boheme pens since they are cartridge-only and small. The engineering of the retractable nib and posted cap being straight line to the nib are appreciated. Compared to the other MB products, Boheme is expensive. My Doue Ligne dark brown resin F is even more expensive than WE. But under the light it shows Burgundy color that Collodi does not. My other Bohemes are Black sharkskin M, Silver bleu F,and Platinum-plated crystal B. They are all great writers.

Edited by mjchuang9

Update

My pen broke a few days ago and the dealer has sent it to MB

Basically, the thread on the body broke away when I unscrewed the top :(

Gutted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The MB staff told me to screw and unscrew gently . Now I understand. In fact, because of retractable design, one cannot just hold the cap when screwing in. There will be more pressure on the thread than on normal pen's.

Edited by mjchuang9

fpn_1322676066__.jpg

The Doue Linge has beautiful dark brown resin that is like Grenadilla wood.

Edited by mjchuang9

• 1 month later...

Great review, of all my pens this is my favorite one.

I bought the Montblanc Boheme Pirourette with Lilac Stone.

I don't have a photo of it to upload but the photos on the MB website does not do this pen justice. This Pen is absolutely gorgeous!!!

It writes like a dream, don't really care about the retracting nib however, retracting mech is very smooth.

I love this pen, I use it ever day.

Yes it's expensive, but most things worth having are not cheap.

Just because you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you.

I love the design of this little MB FP.

However, I find that it is too small in my hand and end up using one of my larger MBs.

Glad you like yours so much and thanks for the great pictures.

very nice review, i like the boheme design and style but I might get a pasaporto instead.

this is a different league from VP overall. VP advantage is on quick note taking.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing

I own both a Boheme Noir and Vanishing Point/Capless and would say they both have their advantages. I'd rather write with the Boheme however i like that you can pull the VP out with one hand and instantly write. With the Boheme you need to remove the cap and post or turn the rear of the pen to reveal the nib.

Bought a Boheme rouge on the Bay yesterday and am expecting (hoping) it will arrive tomorrow. Can't wait. :puddle:

Can someone confirm whether Diamine cartridges will fit it? Thanks.

Yes - that's one manufacturer I have used in mine. Other is PR cartridges.

I have used Visconti short international cartridges in my Boheme with great luck (and results...I love Visconti Blue!)

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to post this

ONE week after my pen was returned to MB, it came back to me with all parts replaced - i suspect the entire pen, although it is hard to be sure. I definitely feel the nib is slightly different - slightly better which is nice :)

Thanks Montblanc!!

• 3 weeks later...

One of my first premium pens; love it but still want a vanishing point... There is something to be said for a hassle free fountain pen that can fit in the pocket as easily as a ballpen.

• 2 years later...

Reinstating an old thread, but thought it may be better than starting a new one?

I've never really been taken by MB's, but I do kind of like this one.

Just interested in reliability updates from you owners, such as the sliding mechanism etc. Also interested in how durable the cap is where you change the cartridge - looks like it could be a weak point perhaps?

I am surprised at one thing though. I've seen it mentioned that you should not get water inside the mech as it can corrode it. Any reason why MB could not have made those parts from a material that doesn't corrode from water exposure? - especially at the price point of these.

Water has a way of getting into everything. Although the Boheme's retracting nib is a fairly robust system, it's not bulletproof. But I have not had problems with the pen and I have 3 of them. As for the question of durability, well, it's a Montblanc. If they can't make anything robust, I don't think any one else can.

I have a penchant for retracting nib pens and have collected quite a few. I would say the most reliable of them all are the Bohemes and the the Vanishing Points. The Lamy Dialog surprisingly, leaks a lot for me, and the internal mechanism is now jammed up with dried ink.

Reinstating an old thread, but thought it may be better than starting a new one?

I've never really been taken by MB's, but I do kind of like this one.

Just interested in reliability updates from you owners, such as the sliding mechanism etc. Also interested in how durable the cap is where you change the cartridge - looks like it could be a weak point perhaps?

I am surprised at one thing though. I've seen it mentioned that you should not get water inside the mech as it can corrode it. Any reason why MB could not have made those parts from a material that doesn't corrode from water exposure? - especially at the price point of these.

Edited by gerigo

• 1 year later...

I love quality writing instruments and own many...the Boheme is one of my favorites! In the summer, I often wear t-shirts and a vest (need the extra pockets!) so the small size works perfectly! Before retiring, I wore a suit everyday and could carry more than one pen easily! I think of this pen as a finely crafted piece of functional art. I own a small pen company and recognize quality in fine writing instruments. My problem is the same as with my watch collection. I tend to use only one at a time. Choices..Choices!

Cheers,

Unkei

Well..theres only one fight.

David L. (Bigfoot) Green

Deputy Sheriff 1976-2010 Ret.