The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Review-Oams Paragon HT trim

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 goodguy

goodguy

Fountain pens and watches collector

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,534 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:29

Omas Paragon

I have the Older style Paragon (its about 1 year old).
When I got it I was very skeptical about the pen but I got it for a fare deal so I bought it.
I didnít know then but it was the black HT with the silver trip and iridium coated 18K F nib.
In the beginning I didnít like the pen so much. It was skipping too much and that sucked the fun right out of everything. But the moment I put the Aurora ink in it everything changed and I suddenly saw the pen in another light.

Itís a rather large pen but not too big. For me its just the right size extremely well balanced with a nice piston filler.

Ok lets start with the resin. It feels nice in the hand, good quality and altogether you feel its not a 10$ pen. The black body doesnít scratch easily and thatís important to me since I work allot with my hands and the pen is always on me at work.
The 12 sides of the Paragon ads a unique and classy style to it that make it stand out among other pens.
If you like a pen not to be flashy this is the perfect pen for you. The HT trim is nice and reserve, you will not be asked anything about it at the board meeting.
When you open the cap the big 18K white nib stares at you, just the way I like it a BIG pen and BIG nib always did it for me.

The piston filler is very efficient just like all the piston fillers are. Stick it in the ink bottle twist the bottom and you have a huge amount of ink at your disposal. In average I need to fill it twice a month at the most while with my Pilot VP I had to fill it every 2-3 days.
The piston isnít refined like my Pelikan M800 but it does its job very efficiently with not special complaints.

When I hold the Paragon in my hand it feels like somebody molded it to match my hand.
I never post the cap on my pens and the Paragon is no exception but I donít see any reason to do it since the pen is so perfectly balanced.
As big as it is the Paragon is light weight for its size and I can write all day long with it without my hand getting tired.

Now lets face it the Omas is all about the nib and I must say it sure delivers all that it promises. The moment the F nib touches the paper it right away leaves a nice and wet line of ink. The nib is surprisingly flexible and turns the whole writing experience to an even more enjoyable one. Out of my Parker/Sheaffer/MB/Waterman/Eversharp and many other pens no one gets even close to the way this pen writes.
The F nib is actually closer to M size in other pens.

Bottom line.
This pen is the great combination of a large pen that has a large ink capacity well balanced and the nib has in my eyes the perfect combination of flow and flex.

Edited by goodguy, 16 November 2006 - 20:34.

Respect to all

Sponsored Content

#2 southpaw

southpaw

Museum Piece

• Premium - Emerald

• 5,232 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 22:47

Excellent review -- I agree with you that the Paragon is an excellent pen.
"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

#3 goodguy

goodguy

Fountain pens and watches collector

• Member - Gold

• 8,534 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:17

Thanks southpaw for the kind words.

I forgot one thing that I didnt like so much and thats the clip.It rather look simple when compared to the rest of the high quality of the pen.
Respect to all

#4 fjf

fjf

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:47

The Paragon is a great pen, very reliable that writes with a perfect wet line. I only wish it had an ink window. Oh well, it is not a pelikan wink.gif

Sponsored Content

|