Classifieds: We Are Live!

Admin

I do get the drawbacks of the old system; I really do. And I get that, in the end, it is rarely (if ever) possible to make people behave voluntarily. However, the freeform nature of the old sales forum was something I, for one, really valued for that specific reason, and was actually proud of. The casual, personal, 'I'm dealing with a real human being' nature of it was a big part of the reason I'd prefer to go here than eBay. I suspect the same is true of a lot of those who are objecting. Perhaps we are overreacting.

co

I dislike the new system for basically the same reasons. It simply seems overly rigid and complex. It's like the web 2.0 version, easier for people who lack common sense perhaps, but more of a hassle for those who do. And, though it is more like ebay, I fail to see how it will necessarily require less moderation. After all, people still get scammed on ebay, though perhaps there are other reasons it will require less moderation.

Edited by antony6555

WTB: Hero 100 barrel (black), and/or cap

Note: I live in the US.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• Aysedasi

• lsmith42

• cocojj

I'm going to try to use the new system a little more before I reach any conclusions. I tried to submit a classified and got a page not found error, and lost all my work. From now on I'll compose everything offline until I get the hang of it.

One thing though -- I could really use the old "preview post" feature. I relied on that to confirm my links and photos were resolving properly. I hate to edit a live listing.

Thanks to all who made this happen!

TERI

A few quick comments about new Classifieds....

- Like the idea of the preview pic...adds interest and info....

- Miss the ability to see how many people have viewed an item....think as a seller that's useful to know for various reasons...

- Miss the ability to add some comments to an item...I know you can ask a question, but it was nice to see comments about seller or the pen being offered, etc...the lack of this makes the Classifieds seem more sterile and isolated now....

That's my 2 cents for now....

Mark

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy