#41 antony6555

antony6555

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 May 2011 - 15:08

I do get the drawbacks of the old system; I really do. And I get that, in the end, it is rarely (if ever) possible to make people behave voluntarily. However, the freeform nature of the old sales forum was something I, for one, really valued for that specific reason, and was actually proud of. The casual, personal, 'I'm dealing with a real human being' nature of it was a big part of the reason I'd prefer to go here than eBay. I suspect the same is true of a lot of those who are objecting. Perhaps we are overreacting.

co

I dislike the new system for basically the same reasons. It simply seems overly rigid and complex. It's like the web 2.0 version, easier for people who lack common sense perhaps, but more of a hassle for those who do. And, though it is more like ebay, I fail to see how it will necessarily require less moderation. After all, people still get scammed on ebay, though perhaps there are other reasons it will require less moderation.

Edited by antony6555, 22 May 2011 - 15:17.

WTB: Hero 100 barrel (black), and/or cap

Note: I live in the US.

#42 terim

terim

Collectors Item

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 June 2011 - 23:56

I'm going to try to use the new system a little more before I reach any conclusions. I tried to submit a classified and got a page not found error, and lost all my work. From now on I'll compose everything offline until I get the hang of it.

One thing though -- I could really use the old "preview post" feature. I relied on that to confirm my links and photos were resolving properly. I hate to edit a live listing.

Thanks to all who made this happen!

TERI
Teri Morris

Visit the Peyton Street Pens web site.

Sign-up for our newsletter. We only send it out a few times a year, and there's usually a coupon that you can use to save a few dollars on your next order.

Visit our blog .... we try to provide interesting info for the collector and pen user.

We list new pens on the web site daily ....here's a link to the very latest additions.

#43 ArchiMark

ArchiMark

Pen Nut & Pretty Good Guy

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 June 2011 - 18:16

A few quick comments about new Classifieds....

- Like the idea of the preview pic...adds interest and info....

- Miss the ability to see how many people have viewed an item....think as a seller that's useful to know for various reasons...

- Miss the ability to add some comments to an item...I know you can ask a question, but it was nice to see comments about seller or the pen being offered, etc...the lack of this makes the Classifieds seem more sterile and isolated now....

That's my 2 cents for now....

Mark
Digerati & FP Addict
Diplomat #055, Vacumaniac, & Nozacerati

*** Please check my for sale posts in Classifieds ***

[Sponsored Content]