The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Inoxcrom

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 jor412

jor412

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:39

Here's my first review :)

I don't know what model this is. I've been all over the place online and only saw this pen as part of a pen and pencil set and the name was: "Inoxcrom Steel Set".

Appearance & design - Brushed steel, shiny steel tassies and band, gold-colored clip - There's nothing spectacular about it's design but it isn't hideous either. The overall look is similar to an Inoxcrom Atlantic and the grip is similar to the grip of an Inoxcrom Wall Street minus the gold trim. "Spain Inoxcrom" in caps is lightly engraved near the top of the pen clip.

Posted Image

The worst thing about its design was the packaging: an ugly, cheap plastic box and cardboard sleeve. There's a warranty card inside and a felt inner casing, but there was no literature or model name. The model # on the cardboard sleeve reads: No. I.R.I. 8/86.066.

Posted Image

Construction & quality - Overall, it's pretty solid and feels like you can drop it several hundred times without breaking it. The cap slips on and off comfortably. What doesn't quite work is the barrel and light plastic section. Sometimes, they come loose so I imagine, if anything will fail here, it'll be the section threads.

Weight and dimensions - 5 1/4" capped, 4 3/4" uncapped, about 1/4" shorter than a Parker 75. It's a slim, light pen good for small hands, but it doesn't feel too light or flimsy. I still like my Waterman Laureat better because it has slightly more heft to it.

Posted Image

Nib and performance - Firm, medium point; easy to write with and quite comfortable - The nib is stamped with the company name and logo, and "Iridium".

Posted Image

Posted Image

Filling System - It uses a cartridge. No fuss, no mess. I imagine it'll take a generic converter.

Cost and value - This pen cost me about $8 three years ago. (The Atlantic sells here for about $17 now.) For $8, it's good value. It's a smooth writer, and will work for everyday use. It'd probably make for a good generic starter pen gift.

Overall - 7/10
Regards,
Issy

Sponsored Content

#2 troglokev

troglokev

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:22

I have the same pen, and just as little idea what its model name is. I bought mine in Sarlat in France, using very poor schoolboy French. Contrary to all expectations, the French were very tolerant of my execrable pronunciation, and generally tried to speak what English they knew to help. (I suspect this was so that they didn't have to listen to my French :embarrassed_smile: ) Many happy memories are associated with this pen, for me.

A very decent writer for not much money. And a reminder not to take stereotypes too seriously.

#3 deltree

deltree

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:25

Very decent pens, they were sold in Pakistan ages ago don't think they are here any more. Very reasonably priced, have a inkling they were made in spain or something. Anyways owned a few during school years back in the late 90s. The nib was a little crisp but fine writers are like that I guess!

#4 Nonsensical

Nonsensical

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:42

My first fountain pen was an Inoxcrom. My mother bought it for me whilst she was in France- from a supermarket. There really was something special about the nib for me, at that time at least. It was not too stiff, yet not very flexible, giving it a nice soft feel. It also had a solid metal body, it's a pity that my friend snapped my plastic clip off the cap though.

#5 jor412

jor412

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:51

@ troglokev - I actually bought this pen to give away but was worried that it might be scratchy. Turned out I was completely wrong. :)

@ deltree - Thanks for the info. 90s! I was thinking that the reason I got it so cheap was that it was NOS.
Regards,
Issy

#6 mr T.

mr T.

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:30

I don't know what model this is.

It's probably the Inoxcrom Sakyo Riviera

#7 jor412

jor412

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 July 2011 - 13:59

I don't know what model this is.

It's probably the Inoxcrom Sakyo Riviera

Wow thanks. Posted Image I looked up the model and checked out the pics. It seems that there are variations but it's the closest thing to it.
Regards,
Issy

#8 lovemy51

lovemy51

legal? of course... and with all my papers. FP-friendly, mostly

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:43

my experience with this brand is with the models 77 and 55. they look a lot like the P45's and i can say that they write better the the afore mentioned parkers.

thx for showing this model. it looks interesting, tho' not my type...

#9 jor412

jor412

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:56

my experience with this brand is with the models 77 and 55. they look a lot like the P45's and i can say that they write better the the afore mentioned parkers.

thx for showing this model. it looks interesting, tho' not my type...

It isn't quite my type either actually. I prefer plastic barrels, for one. I bought it to give away as a generic gift then stored it and forgot I had it until I got obsessed with FPs. It's a very reliable pen that isn't picky with ink. It always writes right off no matter how long I leave it lying around.

I haven't seen the 77s and 55s here. Most of what I've seen look similar to my pen or are starter colorful pens for young people. If I run into the 77 or 55 though, at least I'll know what I'm looking at.
Regards,
Issy

#10 argonavis

argonavis

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 13:06

I have an ixc zeppelin model FP. Inexpensive, very well built, writes well. An excellent buy.

#11 jor412

jor412

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 July 2011 - 13:20

I think so too. This pen has been exceedingly reliable. And today it has finally served the purpose for which I bought it. I gave it away as a starter pen for a friend. :) I do want to see how that pans out.
Regards,
Issy

#12 noctrl02

noctrl02

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 July 2011 - 18:48

Anyone know where Inoxcrom fountain pens can be acquired here in the Midwest United States or online?

Thanks,
Andy
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 jor412

jor412

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 July 2011 - 18:57

I don't know about the Midwest, but here's one rather colorful online store based in California: http://www.traylorpa...m/inoxcrom.html

Most of what I see online is based in Australia and elsewhere. Here's one with a decent selection:
http://www.melbourne...pshop/Itemid,1/
Regards,
Issy

#14 lovemy51

lovemy51

• Member - Gold

• 4,628 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:42

I haven't seen the 77s and 55s here. Most of what I've seen look similar to my pen or are starter colorful pens for young people. If I run into the 77 or 55 though, at least I'll know what I'm looking at.

this is what they look like. very close to the p45 look.

inoxcrom 77:
Posted Image

inoxcrom 55:
Posted Image

pix were taken from speerbob's ebay store. he had them, but ran out now.

#15 jor412

jor412

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:57

this is what they look like. very close to the p45 look.

inoxcrom 77:
Posted Image

inoxcrom 55:
Posted Image

pix were taken from speerbob's ebay store. he had them, but ran out now.

They're good-looking pens. I really like the 55. Posted Image
Regards,
Issy

#16 lovemy51

lovemy51

• Member - Gold

• 4,628 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:33

they both write like champs! but the 55 is smoother.

#17 speerbob

speerbob

Speerbob

• Premium - Ruby

• 1,749 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:51

Hi, I have like 90 of the 77's still, I just haven't had a chance to relist some in my ebay store. If anyone wants one, email me. cheers, BOB

Check out my website at www.Speerbob.com

SpeerbobBannersmall.jpg

#18 lovemy51

lovemy51

• Member - Gold

• 4,628 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:41

Hi, I have like 90 of the 77's still, I just haven't had a chance to relist some in my ebay store. If anyone wants one, email me. cheers, BOB

bob, i'll be interested in the 77 with the inlaid nib. a bit different than the one in the pic.

#19 speerbob

speerbob

Speerbob

• Premium - Ruby

• 1,749 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2011 - 14:44

bob, i'll be interested in the 77 with the inlaid nib. a bit different than the one in the pic.

Hi, I have some of the Inoxcrom 77's with inlaid nibs too. Have to check colors if interested. Email me at speerbob@starpower.net. Anyone interesdted email me. cheers, BOB

Check out my website at www.Speerbob.com

SpeerbobBannersmall.jpg

#20 fp lover

fp lover

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 16:16

Here's my first review :)

I don't know what model this is. I've been all over the place online and only saw this pen as part of a pen and pencil set and the name was: "Inoxcrom Steel Set".

Appearance & design - Brushed steel, shiny steel tassies and band, gold-colored clip - There's nothing spectacular about it's design but it isn't hideous either. The overall look is similar to an Inoxcrom Atlantic and the grip is similar to the grip of an Inoxcrom Wall Street minus the gold trim. "Spain Inoxcrom" in caps is lightly engraved near the top of the pen clip.

Posted Image

The worst thing about its design was the packaging: an ugly, cheap plastic box and cardboard sleeve. There's a warranty card inside and a felt inner casing, but there was no literature or model name. The model # on the cardboard sleeve reads: No. I.R.I. 8/86.066.

Posted Image

Construction & quality - Overall, it's pretty solid and feels like you can drop it several hundred times without breaking it. The cap slips on and off comfortably. What doesn't quite work is the barrel and light plastic section. Sometimes, they come loose so I imagine, if anything will fail here, it'll be the section threads.

Weight and dimensions - 5 1/4" capped, 4 3/4" uncapped, about 1/4" shorter than a Parker 75. It's a slim, light pen good for small hands, but it doesn't feel too light or flimsy. I still like my Waterman Laureat better because it has slightly more heft to it.

Posted Image

Nib and performance - Firm, medium point; easy to write with and quite comfortable - The nib is stamped with the company name and logo, and "Iridium".

Posted Image

Posted Image

Filling System - It uses a cartridge. No fuss, no mess. I imagine it'll take a generic converter.

Cost and value - This pen cost me about $8 three years ago. (The Atlantic sells here for about $17 now.) For $8, it's good value. It's a smooth writer, and will work for everyday use. It'd probably make for a good generic starter pen gift.

Overall - 7/10

Pls. note the model you showed from Inoxcrom is 2002/0 (where the O means oro = electrogoldplated. There are models on such lien called 2002, 2002/0, 2002 Ocean (whiach are lacquere etc. etc.) They are not expensive but very good for the price you pay.

Sponsored Content

|