Tardis Blue

Ethereal Winter Wind

Count me in, I like the idea. The blue of the Tardis is a nice slate-ish color. But it has to have ample shading! Please, make it shade!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CatBookMom

• beak

• amberleadavis

• Ethereal Winter Wind

Count me in, I like the idea. The blue of the Tardis is a nice slate-ish color. But it has to have ample shading! Please, make it shade!

That way, you'll be sure to get at least approximations of all the tardis colors ever!

Isn't slate usually a less intense blue? Could be wrong, but it's never been the tardis blue color in my mind. But then again, I don't see a lot of slate where I live.

Emoo the Sad Cow

Looking for a Hero 850. Because they're cool. Let me know if you have one you want to sell.

#5 and #6 look like a weathered dark teal. That is really close to Nathan's Squeteague and some what darker than Dostoevsky.

Now, if Nathan could include some of that weird scintillation from Dragon Napalm we would be set.

Judd Rogers Lamy Safari M Cursive Italic, 1.1 mm stub Pelikan 200 B Pelikan Go Rotring Initial M and B Waterman 32 Unknown Franken Pen

I am going to make sure this is moved up to the front of the inky thoughts forum until this ink gets made. I want to see a marriage of my two unhealthy obsession. For the record I am a new Who fan who started in '05. To me the TARDIS is, as 11 said, "the bluest blue." To me that makes it 1 on the chart. Also, it matches the envelopes shown at the season opener described as TARDIS blue. Lets make this happen!

It's almost like the scans I've seen of BSB, but darker. It keeps that vibrancy though. /wants

Emoo the Sad Cow

Looking for a Hero 850. Because they're cool. Let me know if you have one you want to sell.

To my eye that almost looks like a blue-black color.

On, no. Pelikan might cancel the TARDIS!

Luckily I don't think that Pelikan is the last of the blue-blacks

I just read that BBC-approved Tardis blue is Pantone 2955C. According to a search on Pantone.com, this makes it:

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n5/DAYoung_2006/pantone2955c.jpg

There's so much more texture to it than that, though. I'd think a Prussian blue with black undertones and green onertones.

I just read that BBC-approved Tardis blue is Pantone 2955C. According to a search on Pantone.com, this makes it:

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n5/DAYoung_2006/pantone2955c.jpg

There's so much more texture to it than that, though. I'd think a Prussian blue with black undertones and green onertones.

Yes, could be. Perhaps this is the chief colour, combined with layers of green, grey, and the like.

Damon Young

philosopher & author

OUT NOW: The Art of Reading

http://content.damonyoung.com.au/aor.jpg

• 4 months later...

Okay... so on this week's (9/24/11) episode of Doctor Who, we have the return of the Tardis Blue envelopes, as well as a white ink that can write on them. I'm ready to bang the drum for inks in these colors. I don't need them to be transcendental...

-M.A. Masterson

"It is the artistic process, therefore, that is reality and reality is truth." - Bruce Lee

• 11 months later...

I posted this question on Noodler's facebook page the other day. I do not know if Nathan checks it, but I really think this kind of ink should be made. With all of the other themed inks that he makes a marriage of geekdoms would work really well in his favour. Red-Shirt Red, TARDIS Blue, The One Ring Yellow... Does anyone know if Nathan does take requests?!

I'm old school Doctor Who. Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker were the best IMO.

I like the darker looking blue of the TARDIS as opposed to the bright blue.

It looks like Noodler's Air-Corp Blue Black. With that slight greenish tinge to it.

However if Noodler's did an ink of the Pantone 2955c. The ink bottle could feature a wrap around label of the Police Box exterior.

I'd buy it.

Edited by arcaneradio

"The Fountain Pen is an elegant weapon of a more civilized age"

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

PM me if you would like to exchange postcards.

I'm old school Doctor Who. Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker were the best IMO.

I like the darker looking blue of the TARDIS as opposed to the bright blue.

It looks like Noodler's Air-Corp Blue Black. With that slight greenish tinge to it.

However if Noodler's did an ink of the Pantone 2955c. The ink bottle could feature a wrap around label of the Police Box exterior.

I'd buy it.

I'm with you! Pertwee, Baker and Air Corp Blue-Black are all in my "favorites" folder. As for a tardis bottle, I'd buy it, as well. Frankly, Nathan doesn't seem much of the Dr. Who type. But perhaps I'm wrong.

It is easier to stay out than get out. - Mark Twain