Tardis Blue

Ethereal Winter Wind

the bottle would need to contain a good deal more than appeared from the outside :roflmho:

It kind of already does. Some people even complain about the bottle being too full.

greg

An interesting variation on the glass half full theme :ltcapd:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CatBookMom

• beak

• amberleadavis

• Ethereal Winter Wind

Tardis blue picker...

fpn_1304582034__tardis_blue3_green.jpg

+25 green

Edited by beak

Sincerely, beak.

God does not work in mysterious ways – he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.

Smarty! My vote for a representative color would be between #4 and #5. The first 3 look too new or newly painted. In the pic of #3 you can see the depth of the layers of paint, :rolleyes: #5 is sort of Quink/MB/Waterman Blue-Black, can't quite decide what color #4 is - Noodler's Bad Belted Heron?

ETA: Interesting how the blue shades (except shiny #1) definitely have a greenish tone to them; Beak has true-blue to black shades

Edited by CatBookMom

Yeah - this is going to be tricky because all our monitors will be showing slightly different casts. My personal bet would be around g4 to h5.

Yes that's William Hartnell - the first! I used to watch him from behind the sofa so the daleks couldn't see me.

I liked Patrick Troughton too...

post-49531-0-94284600-1304574569.jpg

Shame that the Dr.s are getting younger all the time - I preferred the Dr. & assistant age-gap dynamic.

Edited by beak

Sincerely, beak.

God does not work in mysterious ways – he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.

ETA: Interesting how the blue shades (except shiny #1) definitely have a greenish tone to them; Beak has true-blue to black shades

I think you could be right - I've edited to add 25 green across the swatches.This is serious stuff!

ETA

Would you believe how much research has gone into the Tardis and its history - have a look HERE.

Edited by beak

Sincerely, beak.

Beak,

Thank you for all your effort in bringing us the pics and the color swatches.

It all depends on when you were brought up watching the Doctor, I would say that I believe I'd have to pick the 4 column, and between G and H 4 would be what I consider the TARDIS color to be..

Take care,

Tim Verpoorten (Surfbits)

http://www.surfbits.com : Blog

http://www.macreviewcast.com : Podcast

No sweat - this stuff takes only moments if you're used to doing it.

You're right - take your pick from a huge range of screened examples!

Sincerely, beak.

................. has anyone gone to an Ink swab listing like Goulets and looked to see if there is already a color similar to Tardis Blue .............

What a great resource - hadn't seen that before. Noodler's Navy?

ETA

..and the bottle...?

fpn_1304680749__whoblue_ink_bottle_lores.jpg

Edited by beak

Sincerely, beak.

................. has anyone gone to an Ink swab listing like Goulets and looked to see if there is already a color similar to Tardis Blue .............

What a great resource - hadn't seen that before. Noodler's Navy?

ETA

..and the bottle...?

fpn_1304680749__whoblue_ink_bottle_lores.jpg

The Bottle! That's a great idea too. Never thought of a TARDIS shaped ink container. I really find it hard to believe that this was never discussed before. Probably the license fees would be impossible to overcome, but you do see a tons of Dr. Who stuff around now, so someone has been licensing it already.

Take care,

Tim Verpoorten (Surfbits)

http://www.surfbits.com : Blog

http://www.macreviewcast.com : Podcast

As long as nobody mentions 'Dr. Who', what's the prob? It's just a police box - no?

Sincerely, beak.

That is one baaaaad paint job on Tardis #3. (Finally, something worse than my DIY kitchen cabinets!) Remember the Russell Stover's police boxes? We still have one, and Minipeanut uses it for the Tardis when he plays with his RC Dalek. Perfectly acceptable to do a police box, even in blue, as long as no one uses the T word. :ph34r:

Anyone actually serious about asking Nathan? Thought we would need to agree on blue...

I like the color of the tardis when Pertwee was the doctor. Maybe Nathan could call it Pertwee blue.

If Nathan of Noodler's is to make the ink, shouldn't it be called Tardiff Blue to avoid copyright infringement?

Or should he get permission to use the name, then perhaps call it Tardiffs' Tardis Blue?

PCB/ Tardis #3 looks like it was set on fire, put out, painted, set on fire, put out, painted blue with an old sponge, set on fire,.... too glossy too.

“I view my fountain pens & inks as an artist might view their brushes and paints.

They flow across paper as a brush to canvas, transforming my thoughts into words and my words into art.

There is nothing else like it; the art of writing and the painting of words!”

~Inka~ [scott]; 5 October, 2009

Can't quite decide what color #4 is - Noodler's Bad Belted Heron?

Is that a 1:1 mix of Bad Belted Kingfisher and Bad Blue Heron?

Ya got me! :headsmack:

I've been having trouble with those names from the beginning. It could be that I'm the first with the newly diagnosed ailment NNB, "Noodler's Name Befuddlement" :embarrassed_smile:

Edited by CatBookMom

If Nathan of Noodler's is to make the ink, shouldn't it be called Tardiff Blue to avoid copyright infringement?

Or should he get permission to use the name, then perhaps call it Tardiffs' Tardis Blue?

PCB/ Tardis #3 looks like it was set on fire, put out, painted, set on fire, put out, painted blue with an old sponge, set on fire,.... too glossy too.

I think I already suggested "Tardif's Police Box Blue" as the name.... "Tardif's" is very very close to "TARDIS" Getting permission from the BBC would take way too much time and money, even money printed in Bernanke Blue.

Anyone actually serious about asking Nathan? Thought we would need to agree on blue...

Well, I sent a link to this discussion to Brian Goulet; he might pass the idea along, after he stops laughing.

You're going to have so much fun with the Swab Shop!

Now, about that bottle! Did you design that? You are a terrific artist! The bottle is truly amazing, and I'm pretty sure you could sell a few zillion of them. Sadly, not likely that anyone will make it....