1950S Mb 144 Wanted

pavoni

Anyone have a fully working, excellent to near mint condition 1950s MB 144 (any nib size but orignial nib preferred) for sale?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pavoni

• kandarp

• osnofian

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have one that is working brilliantly. Cosmetically though, has some brassing and has a name engraved.

Regards.

Hi,

I have one that is working brilliantly. Cosmetically though, has some brassing and has a name engraved.

Regards.

Thanks Osnofian but I am looking for something in slightly better condition. Not a fan of pen tattoos.

Thank you anyway.

Pavoni.

Update: MB 144 acquired. Thank you.

Pavoni.

Pavoni,

How much did you pay for it? What kind of nib is it? Does it need fixing?

I ask only because I'm in the market for a very similar pen.

Appreciate your time and feedback,

Kandarp

425 Euros for an 'excellent to near mint' version Kandarp. It actually looks mint to me and I can't wait to get this pen to complete my 1950s 14# series. OBB nib, excellent ink window. Nothing needs doing to it other than filling with decent ink :thumbup:

Not sure what grade of model you are after but I always try to go for the best grade pen I can afford (normally excellent to near mint), rather than the best price. If however, needs must, and you manage to obtain one that needs a little work, Max Schrage in Germany is your man - he is THE Mb expert.

Pavoni.

Pavoni,

Thanks for your reply, I found a MB 144 (Masterpiece with an OB nib) from the 50s from one of my usual sellers on eBay.

The pen is supposed to be in excellent shape, except for the nib which seems (according to the seller) to skip intermittently.

Thanks for your advice about Max Schrage, I will get in touch with him if the pen does need work!

Good luck on your recent acquisition I hope you enjoy using it as much as you have enjoyed hunting for it ;)

Kandarp