The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Needed: Lamy 2000 Parts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 stez

stez

An oil painter in Penville.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 23:35

I need the following parts for repairing my Lamy 2000.
The nib feed gasket. (I lost mine) :bonk:
A plunger feed screw.(Some of the teeth on mine are broken off) :crybaby:
The soft rubber plunger head. (Mine won't stay on the feed screw and I can't fill the pen properly) :angry:
A clip ear ring. (I want to modify my pen to have a clip at the rear part, so that when I post the cap, it stays on) :clap1:
I'd also be interested in the forward section of an L2K rollerball (preferably with the ear clip included) I want to try modifying an L2k fp into an fp brush. :eureka:
stez

Fountain Pens.
Senator 721 piston filler.

Sponsored Content

#2 KarlBarndt

KarlBarndt

PointyThings

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:42

Lamy Repair (USA) at Filofax sells the cap clutch ring for $5 and the rubber gasket for $3. Talk to Bob Nurin, who handles Lamy USA repairs.

Send your pen in for repair of the damaged piston shaft ($7.50 total charge for the repair and return shipping). You only have to pay for any missing parts. Damaged parts are replaced for free, except for the nib.

The new piston design with the soft rubber head requires silicone lubrication of the inner barrel surface, or else the head pops off when retracting the piston.

As for your idea of putting the clutch ring on the end of the barrel (I assume between the blind cap and the barrel end), I don't think that will work. And, if you wreck your pen trying it, Lamy likely will not fix it for you (intentional damage).

--Karl

Edited by KarlBarndt, 29 April 2011 - 02:44.

Visit my new writing instrument buy/sell/trade community: Fountain Pen Classifieds

100% dedicated to making deals better for everyone! And it's FREE!

Sponsored Content

|