The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Parker 51 Demi Cocoa Hood

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 OldGriz

OldGriz

I Assimilated The Borg

• Remembered Fondly
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,163 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2011 - 17:15

I am in need of a hood for a Parker 51 Demi in cocoa.... this would be the thinner diameter Demi, a standard hood will not fit...
The hood on my daughter's pen has a crack.... she loves the pen it was a gift for when she first made Distinguished Honor Roll.
TomPosted Image
A veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'
That is Honor, and there are way too many people in This country who no longer understand it.

Sponsored Content

#2 Rick Krantz

Rick Krantz

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 18:42

Did you try Ernesto at Parker51.com? He has a lot of 51 parts and more not on the site
Posted Image

#3 OldGriz

OldGriz

I Assimilated The Borg

• Remembered Fondly
  • 9,163 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2011 - 19:20

Did you try Ernesto at Parker51.com? He has a lot of 51 parts and more not on the site

Of course... first person I contacted... he is always my go to person for Parker 51 parts... he has none
TomPosted Image
A veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'
That is Honor, and there are way too many people in This country who no longer understand it.

#4 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

Brain freeze, mmm... got pens?

• Member - Gold

• 8,862 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 20:47

I am in need of a hood for a Parker 51 Demi in cocoa.... this would be the thinner diameter Demi, a standard hood will not fit...
The hood on my daughter's pen has a crack.... she loves the pen it was a gift for when she first made Distinguished Honor Roll.

Griz-

Just checked nothing. But if I had one, it would be a gift to your daughter assuming someone would do the pen service as a gift...

Todd
San Francisco International Pen Show - They have dates! August 25-26-27, 2017 AND August 24-25-26, 2018 Book your travel and tables now! My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

#5 OldGriz

OldGriz

I Assimilated The Borg

• Remembered Fondly
  • 9,163 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2011 - 22:28

Todd, I would be doing the repair work, of course...
Thanks for looking and offering.... I appreciate it...
TomPosted Image

#6 Rick Krantz

Rick Krantz

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 00:38

hey Old Griz, if it helps you out for the short term, I got a demi hood in black, I will be glad to send your way, until you can find a proper cocoa hood. i think a demi cocoa hood is a tough one. Send my hood back when you find a proper replacement.

Let me know....

also, idd you try "Tom Heath" on the board here?

He's got a part or two laying around

tell him Rick sent you.

Best!
Rick
Posted Image

#7 OldGriz

OldGriz

I Assimilated The Borg

• Remembered Fondly
  • 9,163 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:58

hey Old Griz, if it helps you out for the short term, I got a demi hood in black, I will be glad to send your way, until you can find a proper cocoa hood. i think a demi cocoa hood is a tough one. Send my hood back when you find a proper replacement.

Let me know....

also, idd you try "Tom Heath" on the board here?

He's got a part or two laying around

tell him Rick sent you.

Best!
Rick

Thanks Rick, I have a black that I put on the pen already (not a pretty combo, :headsmack:).... yeah the cocoa is a bit harder.... hopefully will find one at Raleigh in June....
TomPosted Image

#8 Tom Heath

Tom Heath

Collectors Item

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:29

Hi Tom
Congrats to your Honor Roll Student/ and of course your Daughter

I happen to have a new old stock Parker 51 Demi in Cocoa Hood.. Price at $ 25.00 includes 1st class postage USA
Let me know if that works for you.
Tom Heath
email me at: penfancier1915@hotmail.com

penfancier1915@hotmail.com

Tom Heath

Peace be with you .   Hug your loved ones today

#9 Truppi327

Truppi327

Noodler

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:53

I just want to interject here.

I'm surprised enough that between Rick, Todd, and Tom there was a pen part that couldn't be found.

Tom H., is there any part you don't have?
It's starting to get weird. :roflmho:
Best,
Mike Truppi

8/24/10

#10 OldGriz

OldGriz

I Assimilated The Borg

• Remembered Fondly
  • 9,163 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2011 - 14:16

Well it looks like the part is coming from Tom

Mike, it is rare that I don't have needed parts in my parts bin... but cocoa hoods, especially Demi size are rather uncommon...
Tom has offered me a very good price for a NOS one and I appreciate it...
TomPosted Image

#11 Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri

Ruaidhrí

• FPN Hon. Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 May 2011 - 21:34

Phew!!

R :wub:
Administrator and Proprietor of Murphy Towers

Sponsored Content