The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Hunting A Parker Part

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 publishing guy

publishing guy

The Scribbler

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:15

I've been hunting in vain for the black barrel-end jewel for an old green jade Parker flattop. Any tips for where I might go? I've been watching the bay for one I can harvest, but I hate to pay the price of a pen to get a part.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

Sponsored Content

#2 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

Brain freeze, mmm... got pens?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,858 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:46

I've been hunting in vain for the black barrel-end jewel for an old green jade Parker flattop. Any tips for where I might go? I've been watching the bay for one I can harvest, but I hate to pay the price of a pen to get a part.

Do you need a blind cap for a Duofold? If so what size and what style? Lots of us have parts bins but without a picture it would be hard to help. With blind caps one often needs to sit there with the box and try them all until you find one that fits well.

Todd
San Francisco International Pen Show - They have dates! August 25-26-27, 2017 AND August 24-25-26, 2018 Book your travel and tables now! My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

#3 Shaughn

Shaughn

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2011 - 18:08

I sing the praise of the Battersea Pen Home :

http://penhome.co.uk/penrepairs.htm

They even found an orange trim P25 FP cap for me - years after I asked.

#4 publishing guy

publishing guy

The Scribbler

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2011 - 21:53

Do you need a blind cap for a Duofold? If so what size and what style? Lots of us have parts bins but without a picture it would be hard to help. With blind caps one often needs to sit there with the box and try them all until you find one that fits well.

Todd

Thanks, I'll post a picture. I'm not sure the pen is a Duofold. I've only seen it called a flattop. I'll post a picture.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

Sponsored Content

|