FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Uk Based Pen Service, Repair And Restoration Services
Posted 23 April 2011 - 07:26
Services include the dismantling and cleaning of all parts, to include the nib, section and feed, ensuring all capillary channels are free from dried ink and crud. Price includes to re-new, where applicable sacs, seals, 'o' rings, cork and normal serviceable wear items. Items that need replaced or manufactured to repair pen will be advised on cost.
Return postage will be at cost, to be signed for, next day delivery will be extra, again at cost, Where possible customers pen will be returned in the packaging it is received. Please ensure secure and padded, with pen empty of ink.
Discount is available on more than one repair of similar type/mechanism for multiples of pens
1. Basic lever and Button all standard brands filler £12
2. Parker Vacumatic, Parker 51 and modern Parker £15
3. Sheaffer touchdown filler £15
4. Sheaffer Snorkel pens including PFM £18
5. Sheaffer Vac fill, using 'O' ring and closure washer for barrel seal and Sheaffer specification rod seal material £18
6. Cork sealed piston fill pens incuding Montblanc146/149, Pelikan and Soennecken £22
7. Onoto plunger filler pens £18, using original specification ONOTO piston cupped seal
8. Swan leverless £18
9. Swan Visofill both types, parts for these are very scarce if required £28
10. Stephens button filler £24
11. Mentmore button filler £18
12. Piston fill pens where piston rod has to be rebuilt to service £28
13. De-ding of Parker 51 caps £8
14. Cap lip cracks start at £6
15. Engraving removal start at £10
16. Re-blackening BHR m/c pens complete £15
17. Riveting Waterman clips £15
18. Dunn piston pens £22
19. Ford patent pen £28
20. Gold solder nib cracks £10
21. Fitting new lever to Conway Stewart and similar pens £8
22. Tightening or fitting new cap bands £6 & £8
23. Oxidisation removal on cap buttons, sections per piece £4 barrels caps £10 each, suitable for smooth items only
24. Re-build cap lip to badly chipped or cracked to repair original £18
The above are some of the services and pens that can be repaired and restored. Some pens may have developed stress fractures and cracks that can be repaired by solvent welding. This process is not suitable for all pen materials; repair procedure for these will be advised.
On receipt a report will be prepared and e-mailed on the pen condition, unless customer provides specific instructions, as to works required. Where a danger of catastrophic failure is present, customer will be advised of this, and works will proceed at customers risk on instruction. If not advised of this, works will be carried out at my risk.
Where works are not to proceed, pen will be returned on receipt of postage fee, subject to Paypal surcharge if this method is chosen for payment.
Posted 23 April 2011 - 07:58
Stephen (a satisfied customer)
Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:01
Professional work and good prices.
Affiliation: only as a satisfied customer.
P.S. Eric - I will have a couple of pens for you soon!
Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:13
Eric has restored and repaired a great many of my pens and pencils and I have always been delighted with the results, even for those pens where I thought that all hope was gone he has brought them back into working life.
A professional approach and a nice guy - what else needs to be said!
Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:10
I'am new to this site, still trying too catch up on reference threads and faq's and do's and dont's etc...
I do find this site a worthy site, i saw several sites, to choose from, I also try and stick to one site.
I have a no name pen hard rubber with a lever threads on the barrell end, and needs a good nib, had a stainless steel warranted 1st quality that i took out. Seems the hood and feed are all one piece. the clip says rd pat or p pat my wife misplaced my 10x and 20x loupe so i have no eyes, just wanted to also know. Can you get your hands on a large type of nib for the amazingly large comb. Feed is sound, no cracks, I may do the pics on this edit, and you can get in touch with me iam down worcestershire way, we always come up to gairloch in the summer and will be up soonish, but would shurly do a post and pay transaction, i will not put my number as I am thinking your not allowed i read somewhere.
you can contact me on this PM if you like.
Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:20
Edited by Geheim, 27 April 2011 - 12:33.
Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:30
Photo's did not come out, but you can send them direct to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
i hope this pics come over, have resized and if i have made an error please just nudge me.
Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:34
hey that did not even hurt, when i inserted that pic.
Edited by Geheim, 27 April 2011 - 12:53.
Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:04