S.f. Pen Show, Oct. 14-16, 2011

ethernautrix

I will be there for sure. I've never been to a fountain pen show. I'd tried to get down to the last LA show but couldn't.

And now ... there will be one in Dublin? Zowie!!! I can be there in 20 minutes.

Fellow Pen Posse people ... if there's a need for local host-type show support, please let me know. I'd be happy to lend a hand, maybe even two.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ethernautrix

• AltecGreen

• lsmith42

• JonSzanto

Oo, here's a handy guide to free or cheap things to see or do in San Francisco: San Francisco Fun Cheap!

I wanted to mention that the SF Pen Posse were kind enough to host me during a recent trip to SF and are some of the nicest 'pen-people' I've met. If they're putting together a show, you just KNOW it's going to be good!

I also wanted to add that non pen-people may be otherwise entertained (distracted?) during the show in walking tours that are provided by local volunteers every day of the week. The tours range from 1-2 hours, and cover a variety of topics, neighborhoods and/or periods of history. Furthermore, all donations (which are entirely optional) support the non-profit walking tour organization. My wife and I did a tour a day and we really enjoyed each tour and learned a TON about San Francisco!

I wanted to mention that the SF Pen Posse were kind enough to host me during a recent trip to SF and are some of the nicest 'pen-people' I've met. If they're putting together a show, you just KNOW it's going to be good!

Memo to ethernautrix:

JSL1 has, apparently, not received his invoice for the recent welcoming pen meeting/lunch held in his honor. That, or he's feigning unawareness that, as our honored guest, he he was hosting.

Pen Posse policy has long been that guests pay for lunch. Everybody's lunch. That enlightened tradition has had the beneficial effects of both reducing the flow of visitors and greatly increasing the number of members that attend our Pen Posse meetings.

As our organization's social secretary and enforcement warden, you'd better get that bill out to JSL1 post haste. If you've already sent the bill, its time to get out the leather boots and whip and employ your extraordinary powers of ... um ... "persuasion."

PatientType

If that's the case, all I can say is that I'm glad this Pen Posse meeting was at Peter's Cafe and not at a fancy Wine bar downtown. ;)

It's only about 20 minutes away from me (without traffic).

BTW, in addition to Napa and San Francisco, downtown Pleasanton has some decent restaurants ... and it's only a few minutes from the hotel.

Conan the Grammarian

“No place is boring, if you've had a good night's sleep and have a pocket full of unexposed film.” ~ Robert Adams

“Aerodynamics are for people who can’t build engines” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Cogito ergo spud. [i think therefore I yam.]

Memo to ethernautrix:

JSL1 has, apparently, not received his invoice for the recent welcoming pen meeting/lunch held in his honor. That, or he's feigning unawareness that, as our honored guest, he he was hosting.

Pen Posse policy has long been that guests pay for lunch. Everybody's lunch. That enlightened tradition has had the beneficial effects of both reducing the flow of visitors and greatly increasing the number of members that attend our Pen Posse meetings.

As our organization's social secretary and enforcement warden, you'd better get that bill out to JSL1 post haste. If you've already sent the bill, its time to get out the leather boots and whip and employ your extraordinary powers of ... um ... "persuasion."

PatientType

EEK! There is no "organization," no "social secretary," no "enforcement warden!" There is no Pen Posse until a Pen Posse is called and pen friends gather.

And you weren't even there!

So how did you know about the leather boots and whip?

Conundrums....

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Thanks, J., for the kind words. I'm glad you were able to make it down to Millbrae. I hope you and your wife had a fabulous vacation!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

And you weren't even there!

So how did you know about the leather boots and whip?

Conundrums....

Pen Posse streaming video.

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

Email to Bert for three show passes. check

Hotel Reservations at Holiday Inn, Dublin. check

Plan to drive up with two friends. check

SoCal Pen Legion invasion of the Pen Posse territory ( friendly!!) check

Great food, Great alcohol and really great friends. check check check

Bringing all my pens and may have some ink to giveaway/trade.

I am so ready for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joi - The Way of the Japanese Pen

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3387580367_f8a1a5c1df.jpg

SoCal Pen Legion invasion of the Pen Posse territory ( friendly!!) check

Good luck. Rumor from Pen Posse Sacramento BBQ is Ethernautrix has gotten a new set of leather boots and a whip.

EDIT: They had Fleas for me and unfortunately I had to miss out.

Edited by FarmBoy

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Are any SoCal people bringing kilts? And if anyone brings any Lamies, they should be somehow notable.

Is Ricky grilling?

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Trying to turn Ethernautrix to our side. Have to think of what I can bring from down South!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joi - The Way of the Japanese Pen

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3387580367_f8a1a5c1df.jpg

She likes the new unofficial food of the Posse, "Meat Chips".

If you don't know, you need to make the next Posse cookout :puddle: