The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

First Review - Hema Fountain Pen - Dutch Dep. Store

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 johnybh

johnybh

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:26

So, here goes my first review.

handwritten, I like to say what I have to say in a few words. with the keyboard invented, people tend to over-communicate, spending to many words on very little info...

Off we go...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope you like the review. Great pen, I use it every day.

Edit - nib picture, as good as it gets with an iPhone ;)

Posted Image

I know you all like pictures, so another one with my watch :D

Posted Image

Edited by johnybh, 22 April 2011 - 12:41.

Sponsored Content

#2 rockydoggy

rockydoggy

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:13

HEMA has got to be one of my favorite department stores anywhere. A couple of years ago, I made a trip to the Netherlands and bought three inexpensive fountain pens in a HEMA there, the one covered in your review among them. Of the three, my favorite is actually a black metal model that's a bit thinner but also more sturdy than the one that you review--in fact, I was just using it yesterday and thinking how nice the nib was. The third HEMA pen I got was a yellow transparent pocket-sized model--I really like how it looks and feels, but it's got a flow problem that I've not had time to try to fix. For what it's worth, I suspect that these pens are Chinese-made. By the way, I agree with your comment re: the HEMA ink cartridges--not bad at all for the price.

#3 johnybh

johnybh

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:23

Hi rockydoggy,

You must mean this one:

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's a great pen, but the paint is coming off, and the nib sometimes skips, the ink flow isn't that great with mine.

#4 rockydoggy

rockydoggy

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:30

Yep, that's the other HEMA pen I was talking about. Our different experiences with it is probably an indication of uneven quality-control, but that's hardly surprising in light of how cheap these pens are.

#5 ceac

ceac

Great minds discuss ideas - Small minds discuss people

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2013 - 19:01

I picked up the one in John's review this week for € 0,50 ($ 0,75) :yikes: ... they were on sale at HEMA.

I've got the other ones as well, but I prefer the one John reviewed ...

Sponsored Content

|