Parts - Wanted To Buy

Gerry

A suggestion was made in the Community Feedback forum for a separate Marketplace forum to handle Parts Wanted type of postings. As the demand is not known, and because there is concern about unlimited expansion of the number of forums on the FPN, I suggested the creation of a thread in the marketplace to focus attention on parts that are wanted. This could be that thread.

The concept is straightforward. If you want to buy a part for a pen, post a reply in this thread.

Hopefully a seller or several will contact you (preferably by PM or email so as not to clutter up the thread itself).

To indicate that the need is no longer there - please edit your post to say that you have bought a part, or are no longer looking if you don't need it anymore. You may indicate where you got it, cost etc - whatever you'd like, as you see fit.

This is just a trial, and should show how this type of listing works, as well as how busy the Parts Wanted issue really is, so please use it if it seems useful to you.

Regards,

Gerry

Edited by Gerry

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gerry

• Brian Anderson

• telltime

• Rick Krantz

PLEASE ...

I am in dire need of a lever for a Waterman model 94 (hard rubber). :huh:

ANY assistance is GREATLY appreciated,

Michael

Edited by Michael

Ok, let's give it a try!

I'm looking for the following parts:

- a barrel for pen number XIII in this post (an ID would be nice, too!)

- a section, feed and any nib for pen number VI this post

- a cap for pen number V this post

Please PM me if you've got one or more of these parts. They needn't be in absolutely perfect shape as long as there are no cracks or too much brassing.

Thanks for looking!

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey."

- John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Pelikan M800 Green (18C-750 OM), Pelikan 4001 Königsblau

Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 M), Diamine Monaco Red

Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 F), Diamine Prussian Blue

Good idea!

I'm looking for a Snorkel tube and sac assembly for an open-nibbed Snorkel. It has to be the flat-cut snorkel tube, not the angled one used with the Triumph nibs. The sac doesn't need to be good - all I really need is the snorkel tube.

If anyone has this part - or a beat-up snorkel with an open nib to sell for parts - let me know by PM / email - thanks!

Edit: Found one -- this thread worked. Thanks Dennis!

Edited by mmoncur

Michael Moncur

Hi,

I need a:

Conway Stewart Dinkie 570 green cap.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Wow, there's traffic in the marketplace - in 10 hours the post moved down 25 or so spots.

It'll need regular contributions or it won't be in view very long.

More parts requests required? Sources with information?

Regards,

Gerry

I think that could be this topic's undoing... Once it's out of sight for a couple of hours it's "gone".

Couldn't it be pinned or wouldn't it still be an idea to create a subforum? :unsure:

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey."

- John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Pelikan M800 Green (18C-750 OM), Pelikan 4001 Königsblau

Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 M), Diamine Monaco Red

Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 F), Diamine Prussian Blue

HI, I think parts thread or area is a good idea - i need the following parts.

1- the black plastic feed for a sheaffer feather touch #5 the one with 2 tone nib - lever fill model - or a suggestion for an alternative feed.

2- The snorkel tube for a sheaffer snorkel - the circular nib style (the one that is shaped like a ring) - or a suggestion where to find this item.

Thanks for your time and attention.

badrsj

bump...

Still looking for a Waterman 94 lever box, could be box by itself or an inexpensive 94 (i.e., scratched, cracked, bite marks, etc.). :D

Here's hoping,

Michael

****** Still need all of these parts as of Nov 23. Happy Turkey day to all********

Ok, I'm looking for a lot of stuff so here go's...

Nickel clip and lever box for a Waterman 16/56

Crisp & clean BCHR cap and lever box for a Waterman 52

Lined BCHR cap for a "The Todd Self Filler No. 2"

Section for a Wahl Bantam

Black streamlined cap for an OS Sheaffer Balance. humped full ball or flat ball will either one work, i'm jot picky. Some brassing is ok too. It's just going to be a user pen for me.

Nib unit for a "standard" Sheaffer Targa. Medium and larger nib size please.

Cap for a Parker 51 MKIII

2 Esterbrook caps, 1 blue one silver pearl. both barrels I have here are the flat bottom transitional models

Dubonet red barrel for a demi Eversharp Skyline

deb. 51 vac barrel in blue cedar

Duofold Jr flat top clip. (brassing's ok because it's just a beater but I'd still like to have a clip for it)

black striped cap for a standard Parker Vac

Black cap for a Waterman #5. Brassing is ok, just no cracks or loose clip please

Z style clip for a Diamond Point Flat top

Several Parker 51 caps of any material for both aero & vac.

Wearever parts of just about any kind, with the exception of the metal capped school pens and the Pennant models. Mainly I'm looking for pieces from late 40's andf back.

This is the short list off the top of my head.

Thanks

Dennis

Edited by DWL

This is a very good idea. But I think a separate forum might be needed for this because otherwise the postings get lost in this forum after awhile.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump - yup, it travels to the bottom of the list soooo fast.....

Well, it seems it's helped one or two so far. I've discussed pinning, but that doesn't appear to be popular - as there aren't a lot of posts yet, and the pinned area would become so crowded with other requests we fear...

So, keep on trucking - posting as needed and we'll see....

Regards,

Gerry

Edited by Gerry

One more bump. We seem to be not posting so much lately on this thread. No problem, but usual behaviour. That's likely why it isn't recieving much support re consideration as a sub-forum or pinned topic. No - not criticizing, just noting actual use and perhaps need.

Any other thoughts?

Gerry

Waterman's #7 blue nib.

Hi folks,

I thought that I would try here before I go retail shopping, I have just bought a rather nice Watermans #7 'blue' in a job lot which was apleasant surprise, in its past however someone has played darts with it or done something that has broken the left tine off.

What I am looking for is a replacement 'Blue' nib with keyhole vent. I know that it is unlikely but if you have one and would part with for reasonable money please e-mail or PM.

Thanks in advance for any help on this, I have had a quote from the magicians at nibs.com so I know that there is a solution but I would like a replacement. There is cash waiting.

Cheers, John

One more bump. We seem to be not posting so much lately on this thread. No problem, but usual behaviour. That's likely why it isn't recieving much support re consideration as a sub-forum or pinned topic. No - not criticizing, just noting actual use and perhaps need.

Any other thoughts?

Gerry

Why not try pinning it to see if it will *generate* more posts?

Just an idea... :)

parts- wanted to buy???

would be great ;)

still searching for dunhill namiki 1930ies clip and nib

some looked at my topic, but unfortunately NO response...... :angry:

thanks gerry for helping.......;-)

christian

Parts wanted to buy? An excellent idea...

I need to replace a barrel for a Mont Blanc model 234 1/2, I'd be willing to buy either a barrel or a complete donor pen...

Edited by Kalessin

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)