The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Here Comes The Paint Brush!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 GregMinuskin

GregMinuskin

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:40

Hi all!

Check out this paint brush, 1.8mm smooth stub retip to a brown areometric. Talk about a paint brush. In fact, my suggestion is that if you would like one of these lovely retips, best to use an areometric pen, as the vacumatic pens hold less ink and believe me, this nib consumes ink like a 1971 Cadillac Eldorado 8.2 liter V-8!

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com
Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

Sponsored Content

#2 WendyNC

WendyNC

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:58

Paintbrush indeed, but that's a another beautiful retipping job. I'm sure that in the right hand, it will produce wonderful things.
I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

#3 Frazer

Frazer

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:02

Gorgeous pen, does it have a brown cap jewel? The nib is a work of art, you are on my short list.

Ah, the '71 Eldo. If I remember correctly, about 500 cubic inches with 16 valves, about 350 hp, and a very, very smooth Cadillac ride.
I helped index the the 1940 US census

#4 GregMinuskin

GregMinuskin

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:13

Gorgeous pen, does it have a brown cap jewel? The nib is a work of art, you are on my short list.

Ah, the '71 Eldo. If I remember correctly, about 500 cubic inches with 16 valves, about 350 hp, and a very, very smooth Cadillac ride.

Thank you! This is an areometric, so no cap jewel.

Yes, 500 cubic inches and 16 valves. very smooth. Some are still around here in California as I see one about once a month on the road.
Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

#5 GregMinuskin

GregMinuskin

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:13

Paintbrush indeed, but that's a another beautiful retipping job. I'm sure that in the right hand, it will produce wonderful things.

Lots of ink! And most hands, even unpracticed hands, this nibs is a dream to write with.
Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

#6 OldGriz

OldGriz

I Assimilated The Borg

• Remembered Fondly
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,163 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:17

Yes, 500 cubic inches and 16 valves. very smooth. Some are still around here in California as I see one about once a month on the road.

Have to disagree with two statements you made..
1 A properly restored Vacumatic with a correct length breather tube holds MORE ink than an Aerometric 51....
2 The cap on Parker 51 pens have jewels.....
TomPosted Image
A veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'
That is Honor, and there are way too many people in This country who no longer understand it.

#7 GregMinuskin

GregMinuskin

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2011 - 14:38

Have to disagree with two statements you made..
1 A properly restored Vacumatic with a correct length breather tube holds MORE ink than an Aerometric 51....
2 The cap on Parker 51 pens have jewels.....

Thanks for the info! Do you have a photo of an areometric with a double jewel; would love to see one, and learn something!

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com
Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

Sponsored Content

|