The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Ancora Perla

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,490 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2011 - 00:29

The lowdown:
C/C filler but could easily be an eyedropper with some grease. Would be better this way since the converter seems to run out so quickly with such a juicy nib.
The nib is a dream. Had a bit of tooth which felt funny, so I doctored it up a bit. Absolutely marvelous.
Lovely to hold. Nice and fat. Feels great in my hand. Even the sharply tapering section is nice. The threads on the end are okay as well. Don't feel odd at all.
Not one to post, but it will just fine. Doesn't throw anything off balance at all.
Absolutely reeks of quality.
The only thing I don't like, is the little o ring on the section so that the barrel snugs up really tight when you put it all together. I think it's annoying. But that's just me.

But I mean, dang... the nib is just... amazing. It's gotta be one of the most BAD-A nibs I've ever written and drawn with. And that's with a dry ink like Pelikan Black. And DANG that ink even looks so much more awesomer out of this pen!

Dang...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by watch_art, 17 April 2011 - 01:11.

fpn_1432247667__cropped-20150427_0641231 sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

Sponsored Content

#2 jlepens

jlepens

Humble Calligraphy Student

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:01

I have one of those in yellow with a broad nib. they are alot of fun to write with. Great review.
Joi - The Way of the Japanese Pen
Posted Image

#3 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,490 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:11

Thanks. It is a fantastic little pen.

fpn_1432247667__cropped-20150427_0641231 sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

#4 Brian

Brian

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:46

I've always liked this design with its threads at the end of the section; it seems retro that way, and the rest of the design is quite nice...a little fat and maybe a little stubby. Congratulations on this great find.

Sponsored Content

|