The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pelikan M30 Fp & Bp

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 soapytwist

soapytwist

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 22:12

I reviewed the cartridge-fill P30 a couple of years ago HERE. I liked the conservative, competent look of these pens, and so I have now this piston-fill M30 and its ballpoint partner.

Posted Image

It's amazing how shape and design can affect your perception. Even though these are nearly half and half gold and black in colour, the simplicity of the clip and the cap finish mean that these pens have very little 'bling'.

Posted Image

They look like very business-like writing instruments; typical of the sixties when manufacturers were streamlining pens with thinner girth and hooded or semi-hooded nibs. The fountain pen has a very classy feel when holding and writing with it and the nib, in keeping with Pelikan values, is very springy and expressive when compared with other similarly hooded nibs of the era.

Posted Image

The ballpoint, unlike most of the other pens I've reviewed thus far, is a very good match to the FP in looks, length, weight, sturdiness and girth. The ballpoint shows signs of extended use, which shows the state of the pen market at the time these were sold new. It has stood up to the test of time well though. Pelikan no longer makes the 137 refill that this pen takes, but fortunately Yard-o-Led makes one that happens to fit this pen. This means that this set is a very satisfying one to use on an everyday basis.

Posted Image
"Truth can never be told, so as to be understood, and not be believ'd." (Wiiliam Blake)

Visit my review: Thirty Pens in Thirty Days

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

|