How Do You Wear A Clipless Pen?

jebib

You buy them to use them, right? You are on the road, or just at work. Where do you stick it, and/or what do you put it in? The whole fountain pen thing is something of a ritual process, and I ambsolutely kool with that. But a pen in a leather case in your shirt pocket? Help me understand. I've ordered one and am now considering just how I'm going to use it. Regards,

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JefferyS

• Lloyd

• ethernautrix

• hbquikcomjamesl

I don't clip them in my pocket anyway (less chance of someone asking me to borrow them) except for my Parker. Most of my are deskbound.

In a month or two, I'll be getting an Edison Huron Grande, a clipless giant. Not a problem.

Jeffery

In the Irish Channel of

New Orleans, LA

You might just have to have it in a case if its a pen you want to protect. They make nice single pen cases. I couldn't imagine a pen flopping around in my shirt pocket. Not unless someone else knows a way around it...

this too shall pass...

I carry a Kawenko in my pants packet.

and I thought you were just happy to see me...:embarrassed_smile:

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

... Tucked into my left garter.

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

<br />You might just have to have it in a case if its a pen you want to protect. They make nice single pen cases. I couldn't imagine a pen flopping around in my shirt pocket. Not unless someone else knows a way around it...<br />
<br /><br /><br />

LL Bean shirts with a flap on the pocket. Or Big Mac shirts with a flap on EACH pocket. Cabelas safari shirts with flaps on both pockets. Columbia safari.... oh, you get the idea...

Edited by Jeffery Smith

Jeffery

In the Irish Channel of

New Orleans, LA

Could it be carried like a pack of smokes in the '50s,rolled into a t-shirt's sleeve?

Edited by Lloyd

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Perhaps a clipless pen could be conveniently stored by being inserted through a wide piercing through one's septum.

why would you buy a clip-less pen if you want to carry it around with you? :huh: I mean no disrespect but that just seems illogical to me.

O.A.M.D.G.

You could just hold it in your hand all the time. Didn't William F. Buckley always have a pencil in one hand?

Jeffery

In the Irish Channel of

New Orleans, LA

Didn't Mae West have a great line that would be appropriate right now????

A. Don's Axiom "It's gonna be used when I sell it, might as well be used when I buy it."

All pens clipped or sans clip, RB, FP etc go in my front Left Pants pocket reguardless of attire. 30 years in military uniform, Dress slacks and chinos now, jeans as a student.

If I stick it in my Book Bag, aka School Bag, it goes in a plastic single cigar tube case I bought in Georgetown in the 1980's at a Tobacco Store. YMMV, Jim

Never thought of pens as something to 'wear,' but then I'm a girl, so I carry my pens in a pen case tucked in my purse. They're tools, not jewelry ;)

Tamara

Why the clipless pen? - never really understood why they all don't have them. What are the main reasons to exclude?

Sincerely, beak.

God does not work in mysterious ways – he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.

I actually don't really use the clip for anything on my pens. They always ride cliped to the inside of a pen pouch/case, but other than that, they don't see much clip use. Even in the case, there isn't much in the way of a need for it.

The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of.

Blaise Pascal

fpn_1336709688__pen_01.jpg

Tell me about any of your new pens and help with fountain pen quality control research!

why would you buy a clip-less pen if you want to carry it around with you? :huh: I mean no disrespect but that just seems illogical to me.

Why the clipless pen? - never really understood why they all don't have them. What are the main reasons to exclude?

I never use the clip. Then again, I probably don't take care of my pens very well :headsmack:

You can order your Nakaya and Edison with clips. I have no Edison but I know there is no extra charge for the clip with Nakaya.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.