Questions for the Directors of the PCA

Len Provisor

Questions for the Directors, new and old, of the PCA Board

Again, my congratulations to the newest members elected to the PCA Board of Directors for the next 1, 2 and 3 years.

As a long standing 15 year member of the PCA I would like to ask the PCA Board The following questions and would appreciate a timely reply posted on the various chat sites and come to think of it, a first class mailing to membership with updates would be a step in the right direction.

I would consider it appropriate that at the very least a quarterly mailing to all members documenting all Board activities and Committee progress reports.

There needs to be an honest and candid communication bridge to the membership.

Questions for the 2007 Board of Directors because we really would like to know that our 1,001 member dues are working for us.

Please name which Board members have volunteered to lead PCA Committees and programs? This was supposed to be the most important task at the OH ’06 Board meeting.

Which Committees need volunteer assistants?

Have the PCA, NFP ByLaws started in 2004 finally been approved?

Membership would like to see and review copy of ByLaws.

Amendment needed to the ByLaws for Board Director removal for lack of performance.

When will 2006 year end financial statement be ready?

What are the educational activities slated for 2007 pen shows.

What is the stated directive of the President of the PCA for 2007 goals and programs.

Provide a copy of the 2006 Board meeting minutes held at OH Nov 2006 and all future Board meeting minutes.

What are the standing Committees and program initiatives for 2007?

Committees designated and presented to the Board as needed in 2004-6 were

Ways and Means

any and all efforts for fund raising

Membership

to maintain efficient up to date lists

maintain efficient and prompt contact and reply to all membership inquiries.

New Membership

Prompt distribution of new member kits

Pen Shows

to co-ordinate PCA table presence, literature, signage, membership forms

Website maintenance

To provide prompt updates of Pennant material and PCA news

Pennant Advertising

Provide advertising information and rates to potential advertisers

Currently handled by Terry Mawhorter

Publicity/Advertising and Promotion

The spokesperson to membership on all matters concerning the PCA

Pens for Kids Project –

Very important project as this is the only project that qualifies PCA for 501 [c] 3

Volunteers to solicit and write materials for this category for Pennant content.

Volunteers to solicit pen donations from pen manufacturers, dealers and collectors

Volunteers to develop presentation material to provide for members use.

Library and archives

A project was initiated and proposed to scan and provide online copy requests to membership however no feedback, reply or action was taken.

Immediate issues needing attention as recently requested by membership are

An improved method of providing timely election ballots to membership worldwide. The 2006 election process was a total failure resulting in only 172 votes received which represented a gross disregard for membership rights.

Better service, faster distribution & mailing of new member kits.

upgrade mailing service for new member kits

upgrade mailing service for Pennant issues.

Method for direct communication to the Board for “Questions to the PCA” “Ideas and Suggestions”

Membership roster or data base to be made available for members.

If I have not included any other issues or questions that need to be answered by the Board I would request any individuals whether a PCA member or not, to post their questions or inquiries on all the chat sites and mail directly to each Board Member for a timely reply.

everyone concerned...copy these names and e-mails...you will need this

President: Dan Reppert - wasp1908@mchsi.com

Vice President: Rick Propas - rickp@batnet.com

PCA Board Members

3 Year Term

Rick Propas rickp@batnet.com

Linda Bauer lbauer@prairienet.org

Melinda Adams penlady@mindspring.com

2 Year Term

Joel Hamilton inkpen5326@aol.com

Bill Hong WHong@ida.org

Dan Carmell dcarmell@earthlink.net

1 Year Term

Dan Reppert wasp1908@mchsi.com

AnnMarie Hautaniemi fpinks@lightlink.com

Dennis Bowden drblaw@kc.rr.com

Ask questions...expect answers...accept nothing less than excellence.

Thank you

Member,

Pen Collectors of America

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Len Provisor

• Ray

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we do this somewhere else? Most of us aren't members of this society and aren't interested in its internal functions. These are private matters for the society itself.

Were I a member of the board I would be getting pretty fed up with this public airing of perceived shortcomings.

Ray

Well Ray, I wish I did not have to do this as there is no other established way to communicate between Board and membership as there is no direct snail mail or e-mail communication set up...the sooner it is set up the less you'll see here.

Many readers are members of the PCA, more than the FPN poll may show, and it is my opinion that I am doing exactly what most members want to be said and may be hesitant to state...important questions asked and conveyed between Board and membership.

It is not a private matter, the PCA, Not For Profit is a 501 [c] 3 organization, approved by state and federal government with very strict rules for qualifications and operations with membership.

So basically what I am encouraging is a direct communication between membership and the Board, that is why I posted the Board members e-mails.

Interested folks should copy all the names/e-mails into one group mailing so you can address every Board member with one mailing and the less litter on the chat sites.

Thanks,

A pure comparison between the number of PCA members and the number of FPN numbers will show the former are in a minority here.

I repeat: this is a private matter of interest only to members. Your state and federal government are not mine, nor those of a large part of the membership here.

If I'm out of line, I expect an admin will tell me so, but this is something I feel strongly about.

Ray

well Ray, you're right, PCA is only 1,001 last time I looked and it could easily grow to 2,000-5,000+ very quickly since the Pennant magazine is now on track and a top drawer rag mag.

Other than from the U.S., it may surprise you to know there are a goodly number of current members from India, UK, Germany, Canada, Italy, France, Belgium, Spain, Australia, Israel, Malaysia, Brazil, Singapore, Japan, Saudi Arabia, New Zealand, Ireland, Taiwan, Argentina, Mexico, Netherlands and Turkey.

You are not out of line, Ray, you are free to state your opinions but if this offends you...just skip it, don't even give it a first look...and I am more than willing to take any heat for posting this note.

BTW, the PCA and the WES are both terrific organizations, I happen to be the U.S. Representative for the WES which puts out a smashing rag too, the new Editor is Dave Shepherd, author of the Parker "51" and Duofold books.