The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pelikan M250 Fp, K250 Bp & D250 Mp

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 soapytwist

soapytwist

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 22:13

One of the first new pens I bought as a teenager, I find the old-style M250 to be nicer-looking than its modern face-lifted counterpart with its bowler hat cap and lack of the extra gold ring at the piston end. It just has a plain, simple, classic look - the only real ornament is the beak-shaped clip. The FP is light, well-balanced, with a lipped section that I love. The 14K nib is expressive, but maybe not as flexible as a couple of steel-nibbed M200s I've owned.

Posted Image

The ballpoint and pencil carry on the look very successfully, and they are a well matched set together. The ballpoint however, is not as well executed as the pencil. The push-button is plastic-ended which makes it feel a little bit cheap.

Posted Image

The pencil by comparison is a much more solid-feeling instrument, with a metal end to the button and a heavier heft. The only negative with the pencil is that the metal point isn't retractable and can play havoc with pocket linings.

Posted Image

The pencil takes 0.7mm leads and the ballpoint takes Parker-style refills, and so can be a gel roller as well as a biro.

Posted Image

Posted Image
"Truth can never be told, so as to be understood, and not be believ'd." (Wiiliam Blake)

Visit my review: Thirty Pens in Thirty Days

Sponsored Content

#2 Inkwisitor

Inkwisitor

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:51

Another nice collection, well photographed.
"The cultured man is the man whose interior consciousness is forever obstinately writing down, in the immaterial diary of his psyche's sense of life, every chance aspect of every new day that he is lucky enough to live to behold!" - John Cowper Powys

#3 Rasendyll

Rasendyll

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 14:19

I have a similar set-though a rollerball is included as well, and it has blue marbled barrels. The FP has a lovely juicy BB, somewhat flexy and very exprresiive-great fun!

#4 Malcy

Malcy

True Blue

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 April 2011 - 15:41

I had this set which I bought in Wiesbaden in the early 90's. I can't remember how much it was. The fp has passed away, split across the ink window when it fell off a lab bench. The bp and pencil are with other owners now. I agree with the comment about the plastic bp button, why make it different? I liked the fp and used it daily for years.
My pen photo galleries - Reorganised

Sponsored Content

|