Pilot Vanishing Point In Matte Black

hudsong

Just talked to World Lux (they had the best price). They said that they get a clunker from time to time, even with the VPs. So, it's going back, and they'll test drive the new nib before they send it to me! I'm very impressed with that kind of approach/service! :thumbup:

MB JFK BB; 100th Anniversary M; Dumas M FP/BP/MP set; Fitzgerald M FP/BP/MP set; Jules Verne BB; Bernstein F; Shaw B; Schiller M; yellow gold/pearl Bohème Pirouette Lilas (custom MB-fitted EF); gold 744-N flexy OBB; 136 flexy OB; 236 flexy OBB; silver pinstripe Le Grand B; 149 F x2; 149 M; 147 F; 146 OB; 146 M; 146 F; 145P M; 162 RB

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Surf Monkey

• Sleepy

• thaugen

• mcg1355

… and the rhodium nib unit (to my knowledge) can not be purchased on its own.

You can get the rhodium nibs from Richard Binder in M and F sizes

I have one gold VP nib and one that's rhodium (in my Sesenta) and haven't noticed a difference. They're both great.

Ismith42: Great news about getting a new pen on its way! I love places with really good customer service, I've found that to be the case more often than not in the fountain pen world. :cloud9:

djpyle: Thanks for the tip! although you may have just put a nice dent in my wallet with that news...

-Nick

I've been eyeing this pen and appreciate your review.

I guess I don't know as much about nibs as I thought I did. What makes an 18K nib wetter than a 14K?

Great review! :thumbup:

I got mine yesterday, its a F and perfect for me. I showed it off to a few people at work and they all think its cool.

Edited by jiamin

• 2 weeks later...

I picked this up today in Boston in a medium nib. I'm in love already after playing with it all afternoon. This really is a joy to write with!

Very nice! I want one!

http://i.imgur.com/EZMTw.gif "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" -Aldous Huxley

Parker 45 F, Lamy Safari EF, Lamy 2000 F, TWSBI Diamond 530 F, Reform 1745 F, Hero 616 F, Pilot Varsity F, Pilot 78g F,

This is a great looking pen, I would just feel weird with a fountain pen you can click like a normal pen. Do you guys feel the clicking adds to the experience or detracts from it? I like to feel like i'm using a fountain pen when writing with one. But regardless, it's a really clever idea and I think eventually I will HAVE to try one.

It kinda adds a cool effect. I have several and find them very practical...though I still hate the clip position.

Ooops!! almost forgot: Very nice pen and thanks for the review!

Edited by alvarez57

sonia alvarez

fpn_1379481230__chinkinreduced.jpg

I liked VP's but wasn't a huge fan until I saw this pen on Brian Goulet's website. Way to much for me but still a gorgeous VP!

Nice review, thank you for it!

Regards,

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

I totally love my Nakimi Vanishing Point. It's such a clever design and the nibs are much better quality than I was expecting. The only issue I had with mine is that it shipped with the lame squeeze type converter. I sprung for a medium nib with a twist converter to replace the lame one that came with it. Now I have fine and medium nibs and a good converter. Fantastic pen by any measure.

I'm surprised you don't like the squeeze converter, it seems like most people prefer the squeeze type over the twisty.

I'm surprised you don't like the squeeze converter, it seems like most people prefer the squeeze type over the twisty.

I suppose I could give it another try...

Okay, so I got out my squeeze converter and now I remember why I ordered a twist. The squeeze doesn't seem to fit. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but when I try to place it in the pen barrel where a cart usually goes it never engages with the pen. It's completely loose. What am I doing wrong here?

I only have the twist converter but from what I have heard on FPN here is that the squeez one is notoriously hard to get to fully seat. Some people have said that twisting slightly can help.

-Nick

I only have the twist converter but from what I have heard on FPN here is that the squeez one is notoriously hard to get to fully seat. Some people have said that twisting slightly can help.

-Nick

Tried that. It just spins in the barrel freely. The opening seems to be too big to interface with the rubber mounting at the base of the nib.

Hmm.

I'll admit, my VP is still on its way to me so I haven't tried it. It's definitely the CON-20 converter you're trying, not the CON-70? If you are definitely using a CON-20 then make sure you are firm when you try to fit it to the pen, there are quite a lot of reports of the converters being a very snug fit. Be a little more forceful with it and it should go on just fine.

It's the CON-20 for sure. I have the box it (the converter) came in an it's clearly marked. Single squeeze. I've tried pressing it in with quite a lot of force. Nothing. I can feel the metal on metal as the end of the converter scrapes on the end of the barrel. It simply isn't contacting the rubber mounting post at all, like it's a half millimeter too wide or something.

Hmm... Not that I had many to begin with but I'm kind of out of ideas now, sorry! Hopefully someone more versed in the ways of the VP can chip in and help. It does sound like you've got a dodgy converter, but I can't imagine many being made that are that far off the correct size. It might be worth trying to get hold of another CON-20 to see whether it's your pen or that converter, but if you're happy with the CON-50 then you might not see any reason to do this, which is fair enough!

to get a full fill out of the squeeze converter, squeeze it several times(3~5) and let it rest for 10 seconds or so