Platinum Mix Free Color Chart

AltecGreen

Ricky.... I believe I've just heard the word. Now I need to know the day and time.

Seriously!

HOORAY!

We'll set a date when I get the inks. I could be convinced to cook something.

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SamCapote

• AltecGreen

• MrsGouletPens

• Alexandra

Did someone say there are some more new inks coming from somewhere?

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Ricky.... I believe I've just heard the word. Now I need to know the day and time.

Seriously!

HOORAY!

We'll set a date when I get the inks. I could be convinced to cook something.

Well... you might have to define "something."

Not to sound ungrateful *coughpigsnoutcough!*

No, no, no, what I meant to say was, I could be convinced to bring WINE!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

no need to wear my PPE Nomex bunny suit & orange fishnet stockings.

Wait...did you just say that you have a PPE Nomex bunny suit and orange fishnet stockings?

I know it sounds strange, but I think I'd like to see that !

How many Merlin colors/patterns are there?

I have 19. I think there are 46 colors/patterns of the Merlin 33.

The thought did cross my mind if I could round up some more Merlins.

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

Hey everyone, we're still waiting on news for this ink. We all found out about it well before we were supposed to, so we're going to have to be patient. It's now up on the Platinum Japan website, so at least we're getting somewhere. But it's going to be several weeks before we are going to be able to expect anything. I know we're all excited about these inks!

Brian Goulet</br><a href='http://www.gouletpens.com' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>www.GouletPens.com</a></br><a href='http://twitter.com/GouletPens' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>GouletPens on Twitter</a></br><a href='http://blog.gouletpens.com' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Goulet Pens blog</a>

I haven't been a big fan of Platinum ink so far, mainly because the colors I've tried aren't saturated enough for me, and their purple is, well, not purple so much as pink. (Although that arguably turned out to be a good thing when it spurted on the cranberry carpet.) But this looks like fun, a chance to get into all sorts of new trouble.

I am planning on going to Japan sometime next year to visit family and I will be basically bringing NOTHING in my carry on so I can tote it back with ink and pens in it. I'll also fill a suitcase with gel pens...MWAH HA HA!

These inks will be on the top of my list.

Edit: The Japanese website says nothing about waterproofness, only that the ink is dye-based. However, that the mix free kit comes with a special dilution fluid instead of just water indicates that some waterfastness is included in the ink as it needs solvating to mix. I'm looking forward to hands-on tests. I can ask my friends and family to look out for this ink.

Edited by bluemagister

Ricky you guys have all the fun!

Joi - The Way of the Japanese Pen

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3387580367_f8a1a5c1df.jpg

...that the mix free kit comes with a special dilution fluid instead of just water indicates that some waterfastness is included in the ink as it needs solvating to mix.

My guess is that the fluid acts as a colorless, aqueous vehicle, so that only the dye is diluted without changing any of the ink's other properties. I don't take it as immediate evidence of water resistance, myself.

-- Brian

fpn_1375035941__postcard_swap.png * * * "Don't neglect to write me several times from different places when you may."
-- John Purdue (1863)

• 1 month later...

I'm given an update that these are going to be available (at this rate) in early June. They will be available in a full set with a physical color chart (like the one you see posted at the top of this thread) for a reduced price. I don't have an 'official' price yet.

Brian Goulet</br><a href='http://www.gouletpens.com' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>www.GouletPens.com</a></br><a href='http://twitter.com/GouletPens' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>GouletPens on Twitter</a></br><a href='http://blog.gouletpens.com' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Goulet Pens blog</a>

I'm given an update that these are going to be available (at this rate) in early June. They will be available in a full set with a physical color chart (like the one you see posted at the top of this thread) for a reduced price. I don't have an 'official' price yet.

W00t !

The whole set is about $154 here. 9 ink with one mixing kit. I think I will get one soon. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Let the mixing begin ....... :puddle:

ENGEIKA now is selling it on his eBay page.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Platinum-Mixi-Free-Ink-Set-9-bottles-/170651489211?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bb9f13bb#ht_2734wt_866

it's pretty brilliant that there's so many shades available from a standard set of 9 colours.

I , for one am attracted to reddish browns. So within this range there is already , how many ? - 8 or 9 shades?

I wonder which bottles should I get, if at all they are available in loose individual bottles.

Is Anyone here already mixing and experimenting?

Must be real fun.

... 671 crafted ... one at a time ... ☺️

instagram

The whole set is about $154 here. 9 ink with one mixing kit. I think I will get one soon. :)

Hi minpanda,

Are they available in individual bottles?

... 671 crafted ... one at a time ... ☺️

instagram

Let the mixing begin ....... :puddle:

ENGEIKA now is selling it on his eBay page.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...b#ht_2734wt_866

it's pretty brilliant that there's so many shades available from a standard set of 9 colours.

I , for one am attracted to reddish browns. So within this range there is already , how many ? - 8 or 9 shades?

I wonder which bottles should I get, if at all they are available in loose individual bottles.

Is Anyone here already mixing and experimenting?

Must be real fun.

I was tempted until I saw $70 shipping. I'll wait for GouletPens to get it.