The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Kaweco Liliput

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Peheme

Peheme

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 20:20

Sorry, no pictures.

Kaweco is mostly known for the Sports pens, but the smallest pen of this German company is worthy of the fountain pen connoisseur.

The Liluput is small (9,7 cm closed, 12,7 cm posted or 3, 81 inches and 5 inches) and slim.
The all metal construction is of excellent quality, the white lettering is "modest" and the logo is well placed, on the cap (to me, the big "Kaweco" lettering on the Sports pen is a little too distracting).

One notable feature is the cap itself: it unscrews from the body and screws to the back of the pen. Very handy.
It takes about 6 turns to unscrew the cap, and 3 to screw it to the back. Once the cap is in place, it stays there securely.

The steel nib on my pen is a medium, and is on the narrow side of the usual European medium (narrower than a Pelikan), the flow is good. The pen starts without a problem, and the nib is smooth.
I've used it in a Moleskine planner, on recycled paper and on office paper (laser quality) without a problem.

Of course, you have to know that this is a cartridge only pen. The body is too short for a converter or a long cartridge. I've only used "Perle noire" from Herbin, and the line is as dark as one could expect with this ink.

Because you have to unscrew and screw the cap, this pen is not ideal if you have to open it repetitively, but other than that it is a real pleasure to operate.

I have not tested this, but I think that the nib can easily be swapped (Kaweco offers the usual fine, medium and large nibs).

I'm most satisfied, as this cutie only costed me £ 35 at CultPens UK (www.cultpens.com).

It seems that Kaweco pens are not really well distributed worldwide, but if you are looking for a short pen, the Liliput is one you should consider.

As for me, I will certainly buy another one soon, in silver finish.

Sponsored Content

#2 jimhughes

jimhughes

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:05

I agree with you 100%. Got mine from cult pens on line. Shipped all the way to the HEW ESS of AH. Seems like delivery time was 7-10 calendar days. Cult pens were wonderful to deal with. I asked for a Fine nib , if possible, and got back an almost immediate reply. They were "Most happy to swap nibs for me". It's quite the cute pocket pen. Functional, but with a beauty all it's own. A very nice form and function German design. For those of you who demand exotic inks, just refill the empty cartridges. Jim

#3 clickiechick

clickiechick

I'm just lurking!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:32

I'd love to see any pictures you have of this one. I can't tell, but is the Kaweco "coin" branding on the top engraved or screenprinted?

Also, does anyone have any measurements of the Liliput's width?
Wassup wid that, homes? Looks like you're WANT to feel the hurt. -ethernautrix

#4 Peheme

Peheme

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:49

I'd love to see any pictures you have of this one. I can't tell, but is the Kaweco "coin" branding on the top engraved or screenprinted?

The width of the pen is about 10 millimeters, or 0,40 inches.

The branding looks like screenprinting, but of good quality.

Regards,

#5 ObserveClosely

ObserveClosely

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 15:01

The width of the pen is about 10 millimeters, or 0,40 inches.

The branding looks like screenprinting, but of good quality.

Regards,

Any thoughts about converting this pen to an eyedropper?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

#6 Uncle Red

Uncle Red

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,585 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 February 2012 - 18:02

The pen is made of Aluminum (Aluminium in UK) so it can't be converted to an ED.

Sponsored Content

|