The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Stipula Passaporto

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 StipulaLamy

StipulaLamy

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2011 - 16:23

Stipula Passaporto Italic Nib Clear Body

This a neat little pen to carry around or just leave sitting on your desk. I ordered my pen from the Fountain Pen Hospital and they provided me with great service. I use to order from Jetpens.com but after an unpleasant experience with the company I switched over to Fountain Pen Hospital and so far so good.

The pen looks neat with it's small size and when I first saw it I thought it looked a bit cheap....but after filling it with J. Herbin Bleu Pervenche I changed my mind. Once you post the cap on the back of the pen it fits comfortably in the hand for writing. But I don't like that I can't screw the cap on the bottom on the pen. I have to push it onto the back of the pen for it to stay. After writing for an extended period of time the pen does become uncomfortable. It writes very smooth, definitely smoother than my Lamy(M), and Pilot Prera(I). It is heavier than my Pilot Petit.

In the 2 pictures of just the barrel of the pen hopefully you can see where it cracked on the inside somehow. The pen is not leaking ink out of the body which is good but i'm not happy with my pen cracking as it did. It happened after it got sprayed with some Lysol. It was on the counter and I forgot about it while spraying it down. I don't know if it's some kind of chemical reaction going on or what. Maybe later on today I will put 2 and 2 together and figure out how it got cracked yesterday.

Overall I give it a B.

Sponsored Content

#2 Delphideo

Delphideo

Part-time Indexer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2011 - 16:27

Thanks for the review. Considering that the new FPN pen might be a Passaporto, it's good to have reviews and opinions on this pen.
In some things in life it's better to take a Zen approach. If you think too much you won't achieve your goal, wheras if you don't think and let yourself go, it shall be achieved with ease. I find this helpful in writing, kendo and music.

#3 Skyppere

Skyppere

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2011 - 16:37

I know have three of these little pens and love them! On my pens by the way, you can screw the cap onto the bottom of the pen to make it longer and easier to write with. I hasten to add though, that on one of them it's easy to cross thread the two pieces when doing this so one has to be careful. They're wonderful little pens though and write so very well! I recommend them to anyone.
skyppere

#4 The Classicist

The Classicist

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:53

This reminds me a lot of the Pilot Petit1 so I have to wonder how it compares in the amount of ink that it holds and also in durability. Any info in those areas?
I'm a Classics student at Augustana College. You can read my blog at pennedhouse.blogspot.com if you want. There will be plenty about languages, pens (modern and vintage) and paper as well. Hope you stop by and comment!

#5 StipulaLamy

StipulaLamy

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 April 2011 - 13:04

This reminds me a lot of the Pilot Petit1 so I have to wonder how it compares in the amount of ink that it holds and also in durability. Any info in those areas?

I compared the two and if you turned the Pilot Petit1 into an eyedropper it would hold less ink than the Stipula Passaporto. From the bottom to the start of the threads on both pens, the Stipula is longer and wider than the Pilot Petit1. I did a bend test that I do with pencils sometimes before they break, and I can tell that it would be easier to break the Pilot Petit1. Both are good pens it just depends on what you are looking for.

#6 wisteriax

wisteriax

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 April 2011 - 13:12

Coincidentally, I just got one of these yesterday from Fountain Pen Hospital. It's the latest LE, a tortoise.
As for durability I can't answer yet. But on ink capacity - it holds a LOT of ink. Somewhere around 4x the amount of ink that's in a cartridge, maybe more. It comes with a glass eyedropper for filling. (or, you can use it with a standard cartridge if you like...it also comes with one cart.)

Mine has an italic nib. It was a little hard to get started at first, even after I flushed it with water for awhile. But now that it's started, it has been running very smoothly. I would place it somewhere between a crisp italic and a cursive...it's got sharp lines, but it doesn't 'catch' on the paper and isn't too fussy about the angle at which it's held.

I really like this little gem so far. Cute as a button, and it writes very nicely. I hope that it wins the poll for the FPN 2011 pen, because I want an excuse to buy another ;)

#7 rockspyder

rockspyder

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 April 2011 - 14:37

I really like this little gem so far. Cute as a button, and it writes very nicely. I hope that it wins the poll for the FPN 2011 pen, because I want an excuse to buy another ;)

+1!

#8 unclebrat

unclebrat

Sleeping Peacefully

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:19

Hello,

I have just ordered mine with the italic nib.

B.
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain

#9 Northview

Northview

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 17:26

A delightful pen.

#10 FlyFast

FlyFast

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:58

Thanks for the review. I just ordered one and it will be several firsts for me. First Italian pen, first italic, and first eyedropper.

#11 SnowLeopard

SnowLeopard

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:54

Hx with Passaporto ; bought pen...filled it...wrote with it...pen leaked ink into the section... sequestered there & impossible to flush...brought pen back...bought Pel 205 clear blue italic...happier with the piston filler at a lower price point + can order other nibs for it ...ad lib. PS...realized I'm not into the eyedropper thing any more.PSS...ordered a Visconti Rembrandt Eco-roller..used up cart ink...syringe filled empty cart with Herbin ink...htapis! What a great pr of pens.

Edited by SnowLeopard, 08 April 2011 - 07:10.

#12 StipulaLamy

StipulaLamy

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2011 - 19:36

For those that recently ordered the Stipula Passaporto what do you think of it?

#13 StipulaLamy

StipulaLamy

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2011 - 19:38

Hx with Passaporto ; bought pen...filled it...wrote with it...pen leaked ink into the section... sequestered there & impossible to flush...brought pen back...bought Pel 205 clear blue italic...happier with the piston filler at a lower price point + can order other nibs for it ...ad lib. PS...realized I'm not into the eyedropper thing any more.PSS...ordered a Visconti Rembrandt Eco-roller..used up cart ink...syringe filled empty cart with Herbin ink...htapis! What a great pr of pens.

Which holds more ink your piston filler Pel 205 or the Passaporto or the Visconti Rembrandt Eco-roller (what kind of cart are you using with it)? I just got a Visconti Rembrandt but the fountain pen version and right now I use the waterman long carts.

#14 Bipedallou

Bipedallou

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 June 2011 - 18:41

Well I'm glad I've read all your comments concerning this little pen. I've ordered two of the FPN Limited Edtion Passaportos, one in the Chrome trim ith a Fine Point, the other in the gold trim with the Medium Point. Looking forward to getting them, (perhaps by early August, 2011?). I do not have any 'eye-dropper' pens so that part will be a new experience in fountain pen types for me.
Lou

#15 mremptypants

mremptypants

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 19:56

I am looking for a pen to carry in my pants pocket when I don't have a shirt pocket. Is this the one?

#16 mirosc

mirosc

I love the smell of ink in the morning

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 October 2011 - 20:09

I am looking for a pen to carry in my pants pocket when I don't have a shirt pocket. Is this the one?

Every review says so.
Greetings,
Michael

#17 Sketchy

Sketchy

Clearly untitled

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:08

I was concerned about the finish on my passaporto when carried in my pocket or even in a bag so I made a sleeve from two layers of fabric, a faux snakeskin shell with a satin liner. I don't actually have control of the sewing machine so it's not a great sleeve but it works to protect the pen. The tapered, rounded shape of the pen make it perfect to squeeze the closed end of the sleeve and the pen pops out into my hand.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Fred

#18 Bluefinntuna

Bluefinntuna

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:43

I really like my Passaporto (Miami Sunrise). I can write with it whether posted or not, but it is more comfortable to write with posted. So far, I have been using the cartridge supplied. One of these days, I will try it as an eye dropper. The only thing I am concern about is the tiny o-ring in the body. It seems fragile. I have greased it with DC 111, but it still bugs me.

Sponsored Content

|