The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Stipula Etruria

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2011 - 23:52

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ha! It looks like I wrote jaw chopper, but it says jaw dropper.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also just found out that this is an acrylic, not celluloid, pen. So guess what? EYEDROPPER!!!!! Once I find that perfect ink... :hmm1:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also ground the nib a tiny bit to provide a rounder profile. It had JUUUUUUST a tiny bit of baby bottom, and on beginning strokes
it would skip JUUUUst a little bit. But now it's perfect.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah, really upset about the TWSBI.... hmmm....

Posted Image

And yes I KNOW I didn't draw all the leaves on the nib... I got distracted.

Posted Image

GO PELIKAN INKS!

Yet another wonderful, and very much appreciated, gift from a wonderful FPNer out there in FPN land. :D Thank you.

Edited by watch_art, 31 March 2011 - 01:57.

fpn_1432247667__cropped-20150427_0641231 sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

Sponsored Content

#2 Inkwisitor

Inkwisitor

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:13

Thanks for a good humoured and informative review. I love the sketches and handwriting which add a strong element of personality and spontaneity. I've grown very fond of my Stipula I Castoni with a humble steel nib which writes beautifully but I now have a taste for an Etruria.
"The cultured man is the man whose interior consciousness is forever obstinately writing down, in the immaterial diary of his psyche's sense of life, every chance aspect of every new day that he is lucky enough to live to behold!" - John Cowper Powys

#3 Painterspal

Painterspal

Addicted to urushi

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 April 2011 - 21:50

I have the same pen and I love it. So comfortable to hold, perfect weight and excellent balance. I reground the medium nib to a cursive italic and it's a joy to use - so much so that it's become my favourite daily writer.

It's so good in so many respects that it seems churlish raise even the merest grumble, but there's just one problem - the acrylic it's made of is just about the most soulless material I've ever come across. Functional it may be, and the black and silver contrast each other beautifully, but when I touch it... nothing. But once I'm writing I soon forget!

Thanks for the review - I really enjoyed it.
D A N i T R i O f e l l o w s h i p

Sponsored Content

|