FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Mini review for my new Conway Stewart Churchill
Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:53
Anyway, here's some quick impressions...
The finish of the pen is 2nd to none. The gorgeous red whirl resin is shiny but doesn't attract fingerprints. It has a special glow to it. I like the interesting details on the pen such as the grooves at the top of the cap. I appreciate the engraving on the barrel... it lends an air of 'old school' to the pen.
I am not too sure of the lever system. It's very convenient and easy to operate but I wonder if the mechanism will last over the ages. The lever itself is quite thin and I cannot tell if the sac inside is fully filled.
The clip has the CS insignia on it. Very pretty. But the positioning of the clip causes the pen to sit far out of the breast pocket.
As for the nib, as you can see in the photo, it gives wonderful variation. The italic broad nib definitely gives great contrast between broad and narrow. However the nib has some bite to it (especially on the narrow lines) and I would be keen to know if it smoothens out over long usage. Otherwise, no startup or skipping problems. The nib spits out a wonderfully consistent line.
Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:21
With a pen like this do you ogle it more than using it?
Edited by jaytaylor, 06 November 2006 - 07:21.
Posted 09 November 2006 - 16:48
Posted 21 January 2007 - 22:48
Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:39
Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:32
Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:51
Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:59
Did you have an opinion on the ink capacity? I love lever-fillers myself.
I agree with Maja, write some more reviews!