The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Danitrio Densho Raw Ebonite With Flexy Fine Nib

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 politovski

politovski

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:28

you've all seen pictures, but the box and eyedropper are worthwhile to see.
I didn't like the nib initially, but it is growing on me. I just had to find
the sweet spot and now this thing sings. My official journal writing pen.
Now, as far as value, can you put a value on owning a work of art? And, according
to Kevin, the gentleman who made these is now deceased. So, no more are likely
to be made. So, value is potentially quite a bit greater now.
dani closed.jpg
dani open.jpg
densho front.jpg
densho back.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,601 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:35

thank you the review. i have one of these RE Densho pens and Kevin is a pleasure to deal with.
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#3 politovski

politovski

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 May 2011 - 13:05

update: have been using the densho nightly for a bit. at first i did not like the nib and was considering having someone grind it into something else. but, it has grown on me. i have used it now with upper ganges blue (which seems to dry out very quick and skip) as well as waterman Havana brown (which is smooth as glass and has nice shading). it's the pen equivalent of driving a Ferrari, its tempermental and finicky, but is an absolute joy to use when it is working right. dig the diamine imperial blue in it as well, and will probably go back to that for my goto ink. otherwise, it now has a hallowed place in a cabinet far out of reach of the wife and kids.

#4 mbradley

mbradley

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:27

Well done. The pen is a collector for sure. I can also verify that Kevin is great to work with. Posted Image

Michael

#5 politovski

politovski

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 July 2012 - 18:11

1 year update:
Been using it for a variety of purposes for the last year and several observations:
1.it still rocks on clairefontaine, and i use it in my exacompta journal in church every sunday. plays nice with most inks
2.nib is scratchy and will accumulate paper fibers on cheap paper and become a BB nib.
3.the flow control is cool, and will literally allow you to go from sahara desert to amazon river with several twists.
4.i do not like the flexi nib. i am thinking about seeing if someone would be able to turn it into something more suitable for me. i would really like one of binder's ItalliFine (or perhaps if he could do it, a StubiFine) nibs. also, more smoothness and consistent flow for my signatures.
-p

#6 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,028 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 July 2012 - 13:49

very nice pen and pics, thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Edited by georges zaslavsky, 28 July 2012 - 13:49.

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

#7 PenandDesign

PenandDesign

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 19:56

As I was mentioning in another thread, $200 was a fantastic deal for this pen. I interviewed Danitrio on my blog (http://penanddesign....f-danitrio.html) and I was surprised to find that gold nibs alone retail for up to $250 today!
Visit Pen&Design!

@penanddesign

Sponsored Content

|